Sunday, 17th day of the month of January

Cass Art?

Glitter!!

https://www.cassart.co.uk/surfaces-category/paper-surface/cass-art-glitter-card-a4-pack-of-10.htm

1 Like

Come on, we all have our flaws. For instance I bite my nails and get distracted easily. Phil does a little bit of murder.

6 Likes

‘Spector’s life was tumultuous and ultimately tragic; as groundbreaking as his studio accomplishments were, those achievements were all but overshadowed by his 2009 conviction for the murder of actress Lana Clarkson.’

Overshadowed!

I saw another byline that went something along the lines of ‘the record producer whose reputation was tarnished by a murder conviction’

Why do they use this passive language to distance him from the crime he commited?!

7 Likes

Because he was white! The way media organisations report crimes committed by white vs BIPOC makes me so fucking angry :angry:

2 Likes

The woman was probably wearing a short dress or something

6 Likes

:smiley:

3 Likes

A curry is on its way :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Language is absolutely used deliberately to deflect blame and bias attitudes.

TW:SA

‘Women raped and murdered in park’ should be ‘Man rapes and murders woman in park’ and don’t even get me started on ‘battered woman’ defining a woman by the violence perpetrated against her by a man :angry::angry:

7 Likes

@filmclubbers

4 Likes

Had a cup of tea with my breakfast, then a can of Cherry Coke around 4pm

• You can have another tea now
  • No more caffeine for you

0 voters

Went and saw the starlings doing their murmuration thing down at the pier around sunset. It’s incredible. Proper eighth wonder of the world, up there with the Northern Lights as one of the most amazing things I’ve seen - except this happens just down the road

7 Likes

Strange chaps, the Beeb.

Would love to see this. Maybe after we’re all done with lockdowns i should look up places where this happens

1 Like

Football- rubbish
DIY- unsatisfactory results
Child - couldn’t get him away from his tablet and to the park round the corner
Work - busy, busy, busy week ahead

A bit fed up.

But better times are in the post, I’m sure.

I think the Brighton one is relatively small as murmurations go. I think it’s a lot more accessible than other places though. As we were walking down we were saying how nice it would have been to see it then go for a roast and a few pints afterwards to defrost.

Anyway, I had my camera, so pics later. There is an insta story already if you want to see it

2 Likes

Hmm - looks like there’s a lot more places than I realised:

1 Like
  • Tea
  • Beer
  • Chai
  • Go get some fizzy pop

0 voters

Watching Dancing On Ice and almost every couple has had some sort of injury

Feeling pretty wiped out, banging headache, sniffy nose, tired. Hope I’m not coming down with anything

Big shop done earlier. I saw this incredibly unsettling image in the wine aisle:

1 Like