Sunday, 17th day of the month of January

:frowning:

So sorry to hear that

1 Like

It’s been a while since I glazed some buns :heart_eyes::drooling_face:

4 Likes

Morning everyone. Managed to stay in my jammies all day yesterday so that was a success. Not able to do that this morning though, need to go to the shop and get messages.

I’m so so sorry. Such a tough thing to go through. Sending love :heart:

4 Likes

So sorry to hear that. Thoughts are with you pal.

1 Like

Morning all!

I had a lie in today so feel quite nicely rested. The Child insisted on fighting me as soon as I got downstairs because I’m Super Evil Daddy with tickle powers.

Wor Lass has gone back to bed.

I’m hoping to play some computer games today and will eventually be making a lamb stew later.

1 Like

FML

so the emergency dentist phones early this morning, but I don’t have a land line and my mobile reception is shit. the call gets cut off at the start, but it’s an NHS number I can’t call back. Eventually they leave a message saying call 111 again if you still need urgent treatment so I do that and go through the whole process of telling them what’s wrong again because the process has to start from scratch, then the dental team you get put through to was busy but when they tried calling back they couldn’t get through and eventually gave up trying according to a voicemail so I’ve had to drive all the way to my fucking parents house so I can use a landline and start this fucking process again for a third time but I’ve probably lost the appointment they were trying to give me this morning and the dental team are busy again so I’m waiting for yet another callback and AAAARGH FML

at least I got a laugh from the person on the phone when she asked “is the tooth loose?” and I replied “no and if it was i’d have yanked it out my mouth by now”

2 Likes

Looks like you found it bloody exciting

@ynot Sorry to hear that mate (((hugs))) x

3 Likes

All a big ruse. Funny how no one has felt it!!! bEt tHeY eVeN aSkEd yOu t0 lOoK tHe 0tHeR wAy!

Get well soon, lovely! The absolute worst. Sending you love and sympathies xx

3 Likes

Urgh. Poor you toothache is the worst.

Can you get paramol?? My dentist recommended it for wisdom tooth pain and it is very good…have to ask for it over the counter and can take it alongside nurofen.

1 Like

Not sure listening to Evil Sean’s favourite band could help here.

6 Likes

Some neighbours beef kicking off in the Facebook group this morning.

Not had breakfast or even my chai yet and its almost lunch but the sacrifice was worth it as it means I get 3 hours without m as her dad is having her for the first time in 6 weeks. Annoying that 1.5 hours of that involves walking from my flat to his, back to mine, back to his, then another 30 mins after I get her to walk back home again :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil: Would be great if it wasn’t such a bleak walk along a main road.

Amusing Facebook moment of the day. I’ll try retell this without giving away personal info:

My mum posted something on a meme about immediately spelling your surname after saying it, cos no one ever spells it correctly… she said that cold callers never get it right.

I replied with: “Ring Ring… ‘Hello, Is That Mrs [Mum’s Surname Pronounced Wrong]?’ - ‘Nope, no one here with that name, bye!’”

Almost immediately got a reply from some old boy saying “Actually that name’s pronounced [CORRECTLY]”

To which I almost came in my pants when I was able to retort

YES I KNOW, SHE’S MY MOTHER.

That was quite boring really, but I was like ha fuck you.

8 Likes

My favourite bit of Saturday Kitchen is when Matt gets a telling off in his ear and apologises to everyone for whatever naughty thing he’s done (Eg. Swearing)

3 Likes

That’s such sad news. Take care of yourself bud x

1 Like

Keep seeing that loose leaf tea thread and it’s making me want a cup of really expensive loose leaf breakfast tea if such a thing exists

I’ve said before how I’ve applied for jobs in care, and should hopefully taking part in the covid trials in April. Now, obviously the main reason I want to do these things is to help out, but another factor is that I really want this vaccine so I can hug my 90 year old Nanna. Anyway, the audacity of this woman!
“So I’m doing everything I can because I love you so much and want to hug you!”
“Okay.”
“Is there something else you want me to do? I’ll do it in a heartbeat.”
“I’d like to meet a great grandchild.”
“Right, well, that’s not really on my to do list so”
“Great grandchild.”
“No, I want cats.”
“Great grandchild.”
“CATS!”

14 Likes

Reminds me of my mum, who said to me, shortly after I’d split up with my ex wife “I wish I had grandchildren”. Yeah, cheers for that mum.