🥦 Sunday Dinner 11-12-22 🥦

Having a chicken casserole. In the oven atm.

Smells boss

9 Likes

legs of lamb are half price in sainsburys at the moment so…

13 Likes

All looks great! Lovely crispy potatoes :yum:
What’s in the pan on the far left?

1 Like

For the lamb I mostly followed a Jamie Oliver videos so the meat was directly on the oven shelf. The tray on the far left was the tray under the lamb and it had parsnips, carrots, celery, onion. It’s the least photogenic tray but was just as tasty as the others!

Between 6 of us, we demolished all the veg which was quite impressive given that I’d done 3kg of potatoes :smiley:

2 Likes

I did roast beef on Monday as well. In 7 days I watched England play 2 knockout matches at a world cup and I cooked a total of 5kg of roast potatoes. What a week.

edit to add pic of beef

10 Likes

@iamwiggy

6 Likes

is that out in the cold?

Had a late lunch, was game good. So full

11 Likes

You betcha

2 Likes

Sorry to go costoflivingcrisis but very noticeable price rise in Succulent Chinese Meals over the past few months. Used to be a fairly cheap option but less so all of a sudden.

4 Likes

what fat you cooking them in?

I used goose fat from a jar for both batches this week but I think olive oil is genuinely just as good. And vegan, which is helpful if having guests.

Game good :thinking:

1 Like

Chicken in garlic sauce (lightly battered) sounds tasty. Pics please!

2 Likes

Despite the name it’s not in garlic sauce. You get a big pot of the stuff on the side, which is excellent for dipping the chips and chicken balls in.

2 Likes

Yeah that sounds even better!

1 Like

Tasty af

11 Likes

that looks extremely ideal for the cold weather

1 Like

Butter, coconut oil, and olive oil. Butter for flavour, oil to stop it burning so much.

(I don’t usually use coconut oil, but feeling nutty)

I’m always too scared to order this sort of stuff from the Chinese cos I literally have no idea what it’s actually going to be.

1 Like

Bacon sarnies for dinner…

5 Likes