🥬 Sunday Dinner 15-05-2022 🥬

Bit hanging so two rolls with cheese and ham for lunch.

Still not feeling all that hungry. Might have a sandwich later.

1 Like

This was going to be a more normal daal but we’d almost run out of lentils and I discovered a load of other veg in the fridge so it’s a tasty albeit inauthentic vegetable/ chickpea curry. I threw pretty much every spice we had in there (not the hot ones though) and served with lime pickle, mango chutney and brinjal pickle.

Not pictured are the bits of red cabbage I roasted in garlic salt that didn’t quite crisp up but they were good too.

7 Likes

Went to a vegan food market in Newbury. Has these fried Sri Lankan curry rolls.

Then had a vegan chicken and facon burger, with added caramelised onions. To be honest there were too many synthetic flavours going on, but it was still tasty.

6 Likes

Please can your gf give me the recipe /method for the dauphs?

Hope you feel better and can enjoy some tasty food, soon x

1 Like

Followed by some Nutella pinwheels made from leftover puff pastry and a yogurt/ blueberry/ choc digestive dessert combo.

1 Like

Probably chippie dinner tbh

3 Likes

Oh man a roll and chips would go down a treat right now.

Think I’ll get a curry pizza in a bit.

3 Likes

Butternut squash and sage risotto for tea

8 Likes

Ooh never had one of those before, or even seen one

1 Like

It’s absolute filth. If I get one I’ll take a pic.

3 Likes

Here goes. She’s just dictated this to me in the pub. Her only request is that there are pics if you make them.

Line a deep baking tray with a layer of foil and then baking parchment. Peel and thinly slice potatoes. Finely chop lots of garlic. Arrange potatoes in slightly overlapping layer. Sprinkle between layers generously with salt pepper and garlic. Repeat until the baking tray is almost full. Gently warm mixture of half whole milk and half double cream. Pour over the potatoes until just under the top layer. Cook at 180oC until the potatoes are soft. Either eat straight away or for better results put a layer of baking parchment over the pots then a baking tray and weigh it down with something heavy (ie tins of beans) and refrigerate over night. Next day turn it out and cut into neat rectangles and reheat.

2 Likes

Well that escalated quickly.

9 Likes

Gnocchi, puttanesca, and a big chunk of cheese.

10 Likes

Think I might make some puttanesca :thinking:

1 Like

Bosh (snap)

9 Likes

Chicken Tikka South Indian garlic chilli pizza.

10 Likes

Let’s 'ave a slice

Go on then!

1 Like