🌽 Sunday Dinner 19-07-2020 🌽

Linda m burgers is it? Why not, i say.

1 Like

It’ll be a bbq. My third of the week. Sis and her kids will be here. Weather forecast was iffy but seems fine.

Jerk chicken and wild boar &apple bangers is the main event. My neighbours will be salivating again.

Would like to shake off a little of my hangover first, but writing about it is giving me slightly raised level of enthusiasm

3 Likes

Stuffed peppers with the onions, celery, broad beans maybe, and rice. Plus pine nuts or some other seeds if you’ve got them, maybe a bit of tomato puree, maybe sultanas if you like sultanas in stuffed peppers.

1 Like

We had Linda Ms mozzarella filled burgers recently and they were so disappointing :unamused: really dry! I hope yours are better.

Tbf tbh @avery makes our weekend breakfasts 95% of the time because I am not a morning person!
I do come up with a lot of the best ideas though :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’ve decided today’s cooking will be a potato salad with homemade mayo and broad beans. And a lentil pie. The chard has taken a turn and has needed to be put in the compost.

2 Likes

I’m a fan of the broad bean. When I was kid my mum used to serve them when she cooked a whole gammon. Sometimes when I watch a cookery programme and they have broad bean salads they always look tasty. May need to resurrect the humble broad bean sometime soon.

I’m making a smoky sweetcorn, chilli and cheese quiche, baked potatoes, salad and coleslaw.

Might add a pepper to the quiche filling.

• Good idea! :blush:
  • Stick to the recipe :roll_eyes:

0 voters

Here you go. Was pretty tasty in the end:

7 Likes

Those potatoes look so great I’m tempted to cancel my current dinner plans…

1 Like

They were pretty nice tbh. Bit of oil, paprika, herbs, seasoning.

1 Like

Think we’re gonna do a roast.
Chicken roasties brocolli carrots stuffing Yorkshire’s gravy

2 Likes

Everyone’s making me want a roast!!!

We haven’t had one for aaaaaaaaaaaaages

I hope todays is very tasty :blush:

1 Like

What should I have for my lunch

• Baked Beans with Sausages (tin) on toast
  • Leek and Potato soup with bread
  • Hot and Spicy Instant Noodles with an egg on top