🧄 Sunday Dinner 21-06-2020 🧄

Hope it goes well and makes your dad very happy :blush:

1 Like

been stressing over this all day tbh. thought about doing it in the oven, but seems like a waste of bbq. hope it turns out alright.

It’ll be grand and it’s not the end of the world if it does go wrong, sometimes culinary disasters make longer lasting precious memories than the successes and he’ll appreciate all the effort you’ve put in.

2 Likes

Veggie/beans chilli
Guacamole and salsa salad bits

3 Likes

Yum! Pics please.

There’s about a three minute window between finishing cooking and me being finished eating so I’ll try

2 Likes

Hoisin duck bao buns.
Vegetable gyoza.

1 Like

Made a big vegan Greek(ish) extravaganza of dolmades, gigantes plaki, chickpeas with orzo, baba ganoush, houmous, tabbouleh, Greek salad and lots of toasted pita. Stuffed now and got loads leftover for grazing on this evening and tomorrow, yaaas :yum:

6 Likes

This sounds amazing! I’d like to see pics to prove it :wink:

Mmm I’m sure I’d love that lunch :blush:

Oh! I’ve been meaning to tell you about my disastrous attempt to make tattie scones a couple of weeks ago.
I have some shocking pictures…

1 Like

Please excuse the stringy bit of red onion :laughing:

7 Likes

Nice plate!

1 Like

Thanks! Found them in a charity shop in Ullapool, I love them :yellow_heart:

1 Like

That looks delicious! We’ve been talking about doing a mezze for a few weeks now. Both of our main cat sitting pals are vegans and we had been planning on cooking them a vegan feast to thank them earlier in the year but for obvious reasons we’ve not had a chance to do that yet but I’d like to practise the dishes before we make them for our friends. Did I have a point or am I just rambling? I can’t remember.

That’s really lovely, they are lucky to have you! Mezze is always a good one for vegan options, hopefully you get to do it soon.

2 Likes

This is what I opened this thread to see, and I wasn’t disappointed. I wanna live at Chateau Bracket :heart_eyes:

Edit to add: Not gonna lie, been staring at those roast potatoes for a good five minutes

3 Likes

Nah, we’re lucky to have them!
I’m especially excited about making a garlicky butter bean dip and trying to recreate a red pepper and walnut dip I had at a Lebanese restaurant in Sweden :garlic:

1 Like

Can I please express my interest in advance for pics/recipe of that pepper and walnut dip… sounds so good :drooling_face:

1 Like

Wagyu beef burger and roasted veg

1 Like

You may! :blush:

1 Like