🥔 Sunday Dinner 25-10-2020 🥬

The French take their bread very seriously! I live in a village without a boulangerie (bakery) so to guarantee the residents access to bread each day there is a vending machine that the bakery in the next town fill up each morning with fresh bread. I think it has something to do with riots in the 1700s and resulting law that all French citizens should have fresh bread.

3 Likes

What are you having for dinner @Gnometorious?

They’re very good.

Just dropped Ozzie round at the in-laws for a sleepover with his dog mate and ended up bringing an apple and blackberry crumble back, so got that for pudding later.

1 Like

Had some duck breasts in our freezer for aaaages so we’re roasting those and making very creamy dauphinouise potatoes, sautéed cavelo nero and peas :yum:

2 Likes

Making ramen. Did the stock last night, so gonna fry up some chicken and get it going in a bit

1 Like

Homemade mushroom Wellington with blue cheese sauce

5 Likes

That sounds amazing!

love wellington :+1:

yes :+1:

Making a lentil pie with a carrot, beetroot and pine nut slaw/salad thing on the side. Listening to kraftwerk and drinking a can of beak lulla. Decent Sunday all in.

2 Likes

Just poured a large glass of claret into this, only to evaporate it all. What a waste

3 Likes

What ever is going on here looks great :+1:

2 Likes

Making a red wine jus, for with duck breasts

4 Likes

Apologies to any vegetarians but this is seared steak on spaghetti pizziola.

5 Likes

i’d destroy that :+1: :yum:

1 Like

Turns out that your lamb falling off the bone can make getting a shank out of a pot a bit tricky.

8 Likes

That’s presumably why bread prices are set as well?

Love those baguette vending machines. Small places in France used to have bakery vans that would drive round every tiny hamlet but I think that’s pretty much stopped as a practice so maybe the vending machines has kind of replaced that service?

1 Like

Those potatoes look good :yum:

Fucking boom. Well tasty.

12 Likes

fucking love a big ol bowl of ramen :+1: