🥦 Sunday Dinner Thread 1 🥦 - 05-01-20290 🥦

Hello dear friends,

What are you eating today?
Pictures very enthusiastically encouraged.

I want to eat lots of vegetables. Thinking roast or maybe something vaguely Mexican :thinking:

• Fruit pudding
  • Chocolate pudding
  • There are other types of pudding too

0 voters

Going to avoid wider family dinner and eat early with R. Thinking omelettes because a) the omelette thread, and b) noticed we had four eggs best before today, so should probably use them before I forget.

4 Likes

Bb on eggs means nowttt :grin:

I know, but it is a bit of a reminder that you should probably use them soon rather than forget about them for another week.

3 Likes

Curry.

Nothing fancy, just a jalfrezi from a jar. Does the job after 12 hours at work though.

1 Like

had pierogi and spinach for lunch, fucking delicious tbh

4 Likes

As it is more fitting to this thread, I’m going to add my dinner plans for tomorrow:

Beef brisket pot roast with mash.

1 Like

Just ate a veggie pasty on a cliff.

14 Likes

My gf is ridiculously hungover and we’re both full of dread so we’re having fan favourite spag bol and watching the sopranos

#SopranosSunday

5 Likes

Decisions have been made.
Currently in the kitchen chopping.

We are having veggie burritos with roasted peppers, onion and and garlic, black beans cooked with ancho and guajillo chillies, pico de gallo, guacamole, rice, cheese and lettuce.
Got pretty excited writing that all down :blush:

:burrito::burrito::burrito::burrito::burrito:

8 Likes

Had ‘breakfast’ tacos for lunch - soft tacos topped with refried beans, salsa, jalapeños, guacamole and fried eggs. Would eat again.

The kids and I are going to try and make churros in a short while. Will post a photo - unless they turn out shit.

2 Likes

I used to have the Pataks tikka curry sauce with chicken and rice loads when I was at uni. Haven’t had it for years but had a craving for it the other day so bought a jar. Really disproportionately excited about eating that soon.

1 Like

Snack of green vegetable soup I just made for this week’s work lunches. Treated myself to a little bit of cheese on top.

3 Likes

Grating cheddar cheese on top of soup

• I do this all the time, it’s tasty
  • I have never and will never do this
  • Not done this before but will try it soon

0 voters

they eat quite a lot on the sopranos but dont remember them having spag bol

Just back from the shops having bought wads of veg without a recipe in mind.
Might just roast a bunch and have em with cous cous :thinking:

2 Likes

I don’t eat meat so I’m afraid grabbing slices of ham and standing by the fridge isn’t an option

3 Likes

They probably do but call it spagalool or something

4 Likes

think i might make a ratatouille

Missed the last l and read it as spag aloo which sounds like some sort of Italian-Indian fusion dish.