Sunday Dinner Thread (Pictures encouraged)

Hi friends! What are you having for your Sunday lunch/dinner?

Me and my TV are making a ridiculous roast with far too much food for just the 2 of us.
Roast chicken, pigs in blankets, cauliflower and broccoli cheese left over from Christmas, roast potatoes, parsnips and carrots, cabbage and leek, brussel sprouts, stringless beans and peas, homemade gravy + Yorkshires. Oh and we realised we forgot stuffing so we’ve made stuffing from scratch.
We serve at 6, I’m so excited :smiley:

8 Likes

Probably make a big stew and bang all the veg in there

1 Like

14 Likes

Alright bugduv

1 Like

I had roast beef with parsnips and amazing potatoes… didn’t get a pic though :broken_heart:

2 Likes

I’m going to join the frittata gang (once I’ve gone back out and got the ingredients)

1 Like

Just prepping the oil, butter and goose fat for the roast potatoes

1 Like

YESSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssss
That sounds absolutely smashing.

Beef stew from last night. Used my biggest pot, ate what I could manage and bunged it in the fridge. I’ve put half of the leftovers aside for dinner (at work) tomorrow and then added more water to the remainder in a smaller pot. It’s simmering away with more freshly made dumplings.
Having a glass of red wine and watching football. It’s a pretty fucking good Sunday I have to say.

1 Like

Oh dear! That can’t be your MAIN Sunday dinner?

No, I had one of these as well

3 Likes

This picture of fat on a dirty oven glove is really upsetting

11 Likes

Is it even possible to clean oven gloves?

1 Like

the butter looks like it’s still raw in the middle

Wtf is happening here?

2 Likes

Had this in pub earlier. Was pretty disappointing. Poor yorkshires and the roast potatoes were shite. Meat was nice though.

4 Likes

YOU’RE really upsetting.

All sorts of really great things but mostly jusy an excessive amount of fats. YUMMY!

Yeah, doesn’t look great tbh. Why do so many pubs/restaurants think it’s acceptable to serve sub par roasties? It’s not even hard to make great roast potatoes! Disgraceful.

1 Like

I made chicken cacciatore with some kind of smushed up and fried new pots and a load of veg.

All on the table for 1 as my son wanted to get out to hang out with his mates. No photos I’m afraid but it was lush, and I made loads so will be eating it for a couple more days yet

Vegan daughter had to make do with a Linda pie and instant gravy, but I did make a vegan thai green curry for her last night

1 Like

But what is the fat on? It’s not really an oven glove is it?

1 Like