Sunday Dinner Thread

We’re making a chicken carbonara al forno which will be served with green beans, petit pois and a tomato garlic flatbread (not homemade, regrettably)

Also, I really fancy baking brownies. My workmate gf works for Mars and they gave me a load of Snickers bars so I’m thinking of chopping up a couple and chucking them into the mix. Will make a double batch and pop some through my friends letterbox on the way back from work tomorrow.

What are you eating today, friends?
As always, pictures are most enthusiastically encouraged.

Gonna do some pesto pasta to use up some bits I have left over

2 Likes

Are you making the pesto?

Leftover cuzzer I think chief. Not sure if I can wait until dinner tho.

1 Like

Tempted to make a load of croissants, well the dough for them - needs to rest overnight. Probably don’t need to eat a load of croissants, though.

1 Like

Calzone i reckon

2 Likes

I ate all my food yesterday by accident.

You keep saying you’re going to make croissants and then you don’t make croissants :sob:
You bought that book about half a year ago! :broken_heart:

The pesto was made by my parents and has sat idle for a few days so it will be used. Thinking of doing it a bit like this:

1 Like

I was ordering food at a bar last week and they asked me if I wanted my Calzone folded :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

We’re using up the last of our caravan food… that sounds so depressing, but it actually means a delish fry up :yum:

M4, i bought that book on the 10th February last year at about half two in the afternoon.

Got a shoulder of lamb. Once I can be arsed that’ll go in the oven for a few hours. Roast spuds, sprouts, some other stuff probably.

I have a four pack of iced ring donuts hiding in my rucksack. Hoping my bf will go out for a run or something so I can scoff a few without being judged.

2 Likes

That looka ddelicious!
Love the garlic bit. I was thinking hmmm as if that actually works though…
Spend half my life peeling and chopping garlic.

1 Like

The garlic bit puts me off - as if I’d want a big slab of garlic to bite through, no thanks.bI’ll be using my garlic crusher, pal.

One of my favourite bits of cooking. I’m going through a phase of crushing/pasting half the garlic and kind of julienne-ing the other half. Have to say, it’s working out really well.

OVER A YEAR I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR CROISSANTS.

1 Like

Think I’m actually gonna get one of those tinned puddings from Tesco if they have them

1 Like

and custard

1 Like