Sunday Dinner 🙌

Hello friends,

What are you having for your main meal today? Did you have anything exciting or particularly tasty for breakfast? If you did, you can bet your bottom dollar I’d like to know about that, too.

:hotdog::spaghetti::hamburger::poultry_leg::bento::stew::pizza::ramen::taco::custard::rice::oden::curry::burrito:

We’re making tacos.
We’ve got soft corn tacos we ordered from Mex Grocer before we went to Mexico. It’ll be our first time eating these kind of tacos since our holiday, it’s going to bring back good memories :sunglasses:

As usual, we’re cooking far more than 2 people need but I’m thinking of this as a practise go before we invite friends over for a taco party.

Pibil chicken
Barbacoa style chilli beef
Frijoles Negros
Fuego Salsa
Guacamole
Garnishes - thinly sliced radishes
Diced raw red onion with fresh coriander
Grated cheddar (traditional cheese of the Yucatan)

Brisket has been in the oven for an hour, we’ll probably give it another 5.
Need to get off my butt and out to the shop.
The chicken has to be in the slow cooker in an hour.

Have a delicious day!

5 Likes

Going over my sisters for a roast

First time I’ve eaten meat for 4 weejs (trying to keep it as a once a month ‘treat’) so very excited!

1 Like

It’s one o’clock so I can eat now. Hooray. Going to start with eggs on toast.

Hopefully going out for a late lunch if my friend isn’t too hungover :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

(Got soup/salad if she’s too broken😩)

1 Like

If you’re stuck for a dessert I can recommend coke.

3 Likes

Making nuff hot cross buns today so probably them for dinner tbh.

1 Like

Gonna have a solo roast and idgaf

1 Like

Can I come to the taco party plz

6 Likes

Going to my mum and dad’s for roast pork. Been working in the kitchen all morning watching food go out so I’m more than ready for it.

sweet potato chill, some tortillas, sour cream, probably a beer or seven

1 Like

This all sounds fantastic, if someone invited me to a dinner party and made this I’d be very happy.

Radishes are pretty underrated imo

Got a Gousto delivery coming later so it will be something from that. Paneer Jalfrezi I reckon.

Yes!!! You’ve just reminded me we bought Gu Zillionaires cheesecakes yesterday :sunglasses:

Tacos sound goooooood. I’m having burgers :hamburger: then got an Easter egg :egg: and vegan almond magnums for pud. Going heavy on the dessert because…why not :thinking:

1 Like

Oooh, please update us with full plate details when you get there!
These Sunday threads probably make it sound like we eat a lot of meat too, but we’ve been making a conscious effort to cut down our meat consumption for years. Sunday is our biggest meal of the week and it’s always decadent and celebratory.

1 Like

6 Likes

Had two bits of toast earlier. I am now starving and have nothing in for dinner. Feel like my dinner is doomed already. It’s only half 2 and I want to gorge myself on something tasty.

Having a cauliflower, chickpea and cavolo nero garlicy cheesy bake thing. Got some seeded sourdough from lunchtime to mop up the sauce :yum:

4 Likes

You’ve probably not had curry for something like eighteen hours…

3 Likes

That sounds incredible :yum:

1 Like

Pickling red onion

5 Likes

Got a taste for it ain’t I? Not gonna lie I did google the ‘Dining In’ option this morning.

2 Likes