Sunday Fathers Day Thread

Just driven past there. We’re about 0.5 miles from you

Aww.

Don’t post it to Twitter or you’ll be told it didn’t happen and you wrote it yourself :wink:

2 Likes

I am a big fan of that card although I did briefly think you’d been given a pack of smokes!

1 Like

Haha I was just thinking the same thing, oddly. Would just quite like another celebration day that’s all about me other than my birthday :blush:

1 Like

Had one too many g&t ice lollies it seems :grimacing: Happy da’s day to all the DiS da’s :older_man:

1 Like

Just popped out to watch some cyclists do a yearly steep hill climb at the end of my road.

1 Like

Fucking cyclists

Its fine, less annoying than the loud tannoys on a Sunday morning.

I’m no cycling expert but I think some pro cyclists take part.

Happy dad’s day new Dad! How very convenient eh :wink:

1 Like

It’s a pin badge!

1 Like

I panicked and bought mine a card with a puffin on it. I think he likes puffins? Who the fuck doesn’t like puffins.

8 Likes

Anyone else find it a bit infuriating all the stereotypical fathers days cards available? My dad doesn’t like fishing, beer or football :roll_eyes:

Oh!! Didn’t read the thread did I? … ignore

1 Like

Was thinking there must be a National Witch Day and found this…

http://binashah.net/demo/?p=235

Dont think it suggests a date though.

2 Likes

Haha, I suspect he wouldn’t say no to a puffin.

I asked Terry Nutkins about baby puffins :blush: it was the Starbucks free drink question and we bumped into him in the supermarket.

3 Likes

didn’t used to feel bothered by father’s day when I was younger but it seems to be getting a bit weirder for me.

I watched Blade Runner for the first time last night with some whisky though! That’s a cool movie

3 Likes

This but 3rd team :grimacing:, think I’m more bothered than she is at this point though

1 Like

Got my dad one with loads of different mugs, hot drinks and biscuits on it. I get my coffee wankerdom from him.

1 Like

I normally get him Quentin Blake ones with a dragon on it or something, he loves lord of the rings etc. He quoted the hobbit at me the other day and in that moment I don’t think I could have loved him more :laughing:

3 Likes

Oh, so that’s why 'er indoors is going out for lunch with 'er parents.

Might have a pizza for lunch and have it and whisky in my pyjamas for the rest of the day.

Aww that’s really lovely :blush: he sounds like a top Dad. Gonna seek out these Quentin Blake cards of which you speak.