Sunday Funday

Might go and buy more alcohol, for a change

Also need to get back to making proper food again, so might be time to whip up a lasagne. Or might not, who knows

First - to tackle the bombsite that is the kitchen …

Morning :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Shopping came at 7am after having almost no sleep, didn’t spot most of the substitutes as a result so now I’m stuck with them (Fig has some chicken yoghurt, poor little guy) and I have to brave the shops over lunch to find paneer and the like.

The hour or two I did sleep I was having a dream that my new bad neighbours were on Neighbours From Hell and it revealed there were 16 of them living there.

I’m really looking forward to the next few days :star_struck: M has just gone to my mum’s, I’m going to put clean bedding on, and I might try for a nap later before my guest of honour arrives.

Here’s some of the stuff I might cook provided I don’t get tempted to order in instead.

Paneer butter masala
Chard, potato and coconut curry (as a side)
Mango and potato pasties
Sage and squash rotolo

Going to have some late breakfast now and a chai then go on my ‘avoid all people but buy paneer’ mission.

8 Likes

Oooo good luck! You’re a boat person now.

1 Like

Do you have a recipe for these please?

Oh god what have I become.

4 Likes

Off to work in about an hour. Stocktake. Dread. Can’t be arsed. Sad.

@Slicky you’recan also get across to Arran and other places and also close enough for a day trip to Glasgow too if you get bored of seascapes

There’s nice beaches so if you get a warn Easter it would be good.

2 Likes

It makes 9 tiny ones (but there’s more filling than pastry so really I should try for fewer but bigger.

The key is almost mashing the potatoes but not quite and frying them for a long time without moving them much to get some crispy bits. Lots of oil and I use all the spring onion ad the green bit is best in these (think I chuck in other green leafy things sometimes).

As much chutney as you dare.

Such delicious sweet little babes.

4 Likes

One of the most influential blues guitarists of his generation

14 Likes

Sorry

1 Like

This is @leafly territory. Lovely part of the country though. Largs is a funny place. Proper desolate seaside town vibes.

1 Like

what

4 Likes

I apologise, its actually salmon and he absolutely loved it.

1 Like

what the fuck is chicken salmon

6 Likes

Not much, what the fuck is chicken salmon with you?

9 Likes

On my way back to the farm, with my parents and sister who will be going back to the city later today. Was meant to go to Iceland next week for a work thing but it’s been cancelled. Bit sad, bit relieved as I’m travelling (domestic) for work the following week as well

1 Like

Is there a better mango chutney than Geeta’s? (Geniune question but also rhetorical)

So good. Feel like I’ve gotten used to it now though, might start buying my own nigella seeds to add in more and boost that naan bread flavour.

4 Likes

Quite bonny here. Chilly though.

12 Likes

Finally, at 35 hours and 15 minutes into the year, and I’ve finally got a coffee. I cannot remember the last day I didn’t drink a coffee. Probably broken a streak I might never break again.

1 Like

Last real day of Xmas for me, headed back to my flat tomorrow for another year of nothing I guess.

Still testing positive
Still self isolating in a ROOM with fuck all to do
Starving but my housemates are too fucking high to go to the shops for me

I’m in a miserable mood