Sunday Heat

It’s got less space inside, but particularly convenient for toilet use from the hill.

1 Like

Might take the day off work tomorrow to hear all the UK heatwave weather complaints. Pumped.

5 Likes

I’m at The Pembroke now for the use of the loos and a final pint too…before more at home.

I was part of a MeetUp book group maybe 10 years ago. It was a sham of a book group. The organisers and his close mates were well read but didn’t give a shit about books. They were just boozers. I liked that group.

One of the events was a picnic at Primrose Hill. A bring your own booze event on a Sunday. I turned up with a pack of four as I had work the next day. Then I went to the offy/supermarket nearby and bought more packs of four several times. Whenever we needed the loo we’d go to The Queen’s. We didn’t want to be arseholes and so bought ½ a pint everytime we needed the loo…then had a final few pints there when it got dark. I think I had over 10 pints that day. Really fucked me up but did enjoy the day.

2 Likes

Haha, that’s a pretty perfect description of how I feel about the area tbh. Glad the day was fun overall

1 Like

I’ve been full of dread thinking about the heat, about us being at this point already and still being boiling frogs as a society

although I suppose the dread has edged out the heavy depression I felt for the first time in years earlier in the week

Spent my Sunday with my blinds closed. Who knew being a young goth was training for a climate emergency?!

Was indoors recording and producing a new podcast which launched today hosted by two of my favourite political commentators.

In fact I was proud enough of it to post a jag in this thread if you fancy a listen

Went for a run in the park and some drunk men started singing the rocky theme when i was running up one of the hills.

12 Likes

Not even Kate Bush no, they need to get into 2022

Don’t lie, you kicked it into an extra gear hearing that didn’t you?

Dread

0 voters

1 Like
  • a good cleanshirting
  • a mean cleanshirting

0 voters

I’m 100% singing the theme song the next time I see anyone even remotely running up a steep incline.

Did you do the air boxing and celebrating at the top?

So I was being a bit of a puppy the other night and telling someone who has a massive garden how to enjoy it. He replied saying ‘you’re coming across as quite patronising’.

I apologised immediately but my fingers got the better of me tonight and I swid

‘So I was reflecting on when you said I was patronising the other day. And yes, in retrospect perhaps I was and I’m sorry. But it made me think. You commented that perhaps if you weren’t interested in the outdoors you’d live in a flat in Guildford. Well tbh, that’s my reality. I live in a flat in Woodford, with no outdoor space. I cannot afford half the sort of place you have. So when I’m waxing lyrical about making the most of your garden, I mean it, because I don’t have one. I’d kill for the sort of garden you have.’

• Fair
  • You’re a numpty

0 voters

Thanks @NeilYoung

Numpty in regards as to you never should have even responded via text imo. You said your peace no need to elaborate further.

People that don’t appreciate the niceties they have in life while complaining about said privilege need no time, what I meant.

2 Likes

Had a great time at modes mouse. The beers were cheap *3.50!!!) The sound was good and it was super easy to get to the front with ample dancing space

Modest mouse - trailer trash
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgIaNgWot6W/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

3 Likes
  • Will be able to sleep comfortably tonight
  • Heatwave going to fuck it

0 voters

I’ve had 4 pints and 2 vodka and lemonade, so I’m not anticipating a problem.

3 Likes

Henry Weston will sing me to sleep

3 Likes