Sunday Morning Thread

How are doing with the non beer drinking? Today marks week 2 and in that time I’ve had 4 days with 1 or 2 beers. It’s a lot better ratio than before at least…

1 Like

A good pal of mine is gonna do a dry october, think i might join him tbh.

1 Like

October is my birthday so that’s pretty much always out by definition :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:I’ve done January’s or random other months where it’s felt neccesary before

1 Like

We spent yesterday afternoon/ evening in Edinburgh with in law family. Had a distinctly average Chinese takeaway and Wor Lass got a bit upset that her nephew didn’t get excited about the birthday cake she baked him. The flat we visited was stuffy and warm. I think I lost half a stone through dehydration.

Today I need to buy groceries and baby supplies. I also need to do a load of marking and some planning. We’ll probably eat a Thai curry and watch Mood Indigo too.

That said im not really seeing this as a “dry month” but more as “cutting down generally”

I do November as a rule - I always have holidays in October and it’d be a waste for me not to drink on a weeknight in those circumstances.

2 Likes

If anyone’s at a very loose end today, keep a look out for our results…

3 Likes

I really need to get back into running or something, good opportunity to do that i think. It’ll make me not wanna drink coz running even on a mild hangover is pure misery.

1 Like

Got to fly out to a hearing I’m almost certainly going to lose. Badly.

Good thing I got a good night’s sleep and am really well rested. No, wait, the other one - dickhead neighbours were up at QUARTER PAST FIVE ON A SUNDAY MORNING making a racket. Wankers.

Bought that tory car yesterday, had a massive anxiety dream last night. This is why I can’t have nice things.

Went to the Abergavenny food festival party last night. Biblical rain, so I just walloped the pints and all was well. I’m in bed now.

Smash it Eps

2 Likes

ha i love running on a hangover, i started a blog once called “the drunk jogger blogger” with the #sweattoforget

1 Like

Fed up with dealing with work problems and something that’s happened which will reflect badly on me. :frowning:

More like #sweattoregret for me

either works :wink:

1 Like

Probably just means her bf doesnt text her back enough tbh

Or she’s just bored of her current relationship and you’re a convenient distraction.

If she does that to them, she’ll do it to you.

1 Like

Had cheese and ham croissants and coffee. Weathers dogger so probs spend the day watching football/the affair.

1 Like

This is my experience of the situation.