Sunday morning thread

Morning! Set my alarm really early as the only dry weather window was between 8 and 10 and I wanted to go out for a walk. Kept snoozing it of course and just looked out the window and it’s snowing! Will go to the gym instead then out for Sunday roast later.

Completely detest people like that. Bet she posts a picture holding her coffee by the ice rink later and all…:smile:

We had all of is in bed this morning, was lovely!! Until V started moaning about Rs puberty penis…:tired_face::tired_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Bit concerned that your motivation for cycling has really slipped since Christmas. Could this be the end of the love affair?

It’s the crap weather (I think…?). 2°c here + overnight rain = icy in the lanes so it’s not really worth going out. There’s always a bit of a winter lull due to the weather, I find. I have a 200km booked in for next weekend which I pretty much have to do to keep my “at least a 200km ride a month for 12 months” thing going.

Forecast is much warmer for next weekend :crossed_fingers:

Yep, fingers crossed. I don’t mind the cold but I really don’t want to fall off and break something. Was meant to do a long ride yesterday too but was getting a lift two hours across London for it and the forecast meant we didn’t end up going in the end. Can’t wait for it to get a bit warmer tbh. Can see the end on sight for redecorating our flat so once that’s done we’ll have so much :bike: to do!

That’s the main thing. It’s just not worth it to potentially fuck up an entire summer of cycling so you can do a (in fairness probably pretty grim) winter bike ride.

I’d like nothing more than to go out on my bike twice a weekend like I was doing in November and early Dec. But the weather’s just been pure shite since then. Friend went to Chatsworth yesterday and said there was a car upside down in a ditch cause of the ice on the roads…

I will be getting up, making coffee, sitting around for a while then going on my turbo today. Probs watch some Fargo.

gotta go out for a run today, then over to a pal’s for sunday lunch, then prob do a bit of recording later. think that’s my day sorted.

Morning.

Had a fun day yesterday of going for a run, popping to Wickes, seeing friends and the watching Sicario.

Today is all about boarding out the loft. I’ve finally managed to clear it out (it’s taken four full days over the past couple of weeks and left us with 8 sacks of rubbish/rubble), but finally I’m able to get on with the ‘fun’ bit…

1 Like

It’ll only be a month maximum until full cycling mode returns I reckon…

1 Like

Gf is off to her owl experience later, and SHE GOT A FRIEND TO GO WITH HER! Yessssssss!

Dunno what I’ll do today. Supposed to have a small Netrunner tournament in the pub tomorrow so I should figure out what I’m taking to that, but I’m still a bit Netrunnered out after a fairly long day yesterday.

Will do some weights at some point, but that’s it for plans.

You’ll end like me if you’re not careful. Chief bike wanker how doesn’t ride a bike

Mrnng!

Feeling totally knackered, got squash later on so hopefully I come around before then

Never.

Mid-week Rapha delivery should help!

Could have told me this before I ordered the onesie.

Just having my second bed tea and trying to decide what to do with the day. Really fancy going for a nice walk and a pub lunch.

You say that, but something will happen that means that either you can’t or won’t be able to and it’s about how you manage that. Id have never thought there’d be a time that I wouldn’t touch my bike for over 4 months, and have the year that i had in 2017, but it has happened and I haven’t got passed that.

Just be prepared for that. I’ve gone from riding 8k miles in 2015 and being in good physical shape, to where I am today and I’m not really that bothered about it now.

Good morning you beautiful people

1 Like

Slept a bit crap. Think I’ve got a sore throat coming on.

Got some work to do. Then Magnolia is on at the cinema so was thinking of going to see that.

Is absolutely freezing though, so might just find a pub fire to read in front of.

I came up with a tv show in my dreams last night. Like a whole two episodes played out in my head. They need to invent something to record dreams.