Sunday my prince will come

Need to clean the bathroom but it means leaving my comfy spot on the sofa under a nice warm duvet

Got like 2 hours sleep last night. Running on fumes currently. Made another attempt to fit the cupboard doors on this sideboard - it has defeated me, want to smash it up with a hammer.

This is better than the xmas specials

The scene opens with Jim sitting on the couch in the living room of the Royle family home. He is holding his phone in his hand and has a frustrated look on his face.

“Bloody hell, where is this Uber?” Jim mutters to himself.

Barbara, Jim’s wife, enters the room carrying a tray of tea and biscuits.

“What are you muttering about, Jim?” she asks, setting the tray down on the coffee table.

“I’ve been waiting for this Uber for bloody ages,” Jim grumbles. “I don’t know why I bother with these fancy ride-sharing services. I should just take the bus like everyone else.”

“Oh, come on, Jim,” Barbara says, rolling her eyes. “You know you love using your phone to order Ubers. It makes you feel like a proper tech-savvy millennial.”

“I’m not a millennial, Barbara,” Jim says, scowling. “I’m a bloody pensioner, and I shouldn’t have to deal with this crap.”

“Well, maybe if you didn’t spend so much time on that stupid football game on your phone, you wouldn’t have to rely on Ubers all the time,” Barbara says, winking.

Just then, the sound of a car honking outside can be heard.

“Finally,” Jim says, getting up from the couch. “That must be my Uber. I’ll be back in a bit, love.”

He hurries to the front door and opens it, revealing a sleek black car parked outside. Jim gets into the car, and it pulls away from the curb, leaving Barbara behind with a knowing smile on her face.

“Typical Jim, always making a fuss over nothing,” she says to herself, sipping her tea.

The scene fades to black as the sound of the car driving off into the distance can be heard.

Kid won his tennis tournament. Played some good stuff #Dorsetisours
Now back to being ill on the sofa and watching muppet Xmas carol

4 Likes

Dor seti sours?

In tears at this one

Prompt: Wallace and Gromit post arsenic through someone’s letterbox

The scene opens with Wallace and Gromit sitting in their cozy living room, surrounded by their various inventions and gadgets. They are both looking a bit downcast and dejected.

“Well, this is a fine mess we’ve gotten ourselves into, Gromit,” Wallace says, sighing.

“I don’t know what came over us, Wallace,” Gromit replies, shaking his head. “Sending arsenic through someone’s letterbox is a terrible thing to do.”

Wallace nods, looking sheepish. “I know, I know. But we were so angry at that nasty Victor Quartermaine for always picking on us and stealing our ideas. We just wanted to give him a taste of his own medicine.”

“But poison, Wallace?” Gromit says, sounding horrified. “That’s going too far. We could have hurt someone, or worse.”

Wallace hangs his head in shame. “You’re right, Gromit. I don’t know what I was thinking. We have to make things right.”

Gromit nods, looking relieved. “Yes, we do. We’ll go to the police and turn ourselves in. Maybe they’ll be lenient with us since it was our first offense.”

Wallace nods, a determined look on his face. “Yes, that’s the right thing to do. We’ll face the consequences of our actions and make amends.”

The two friends stand up and head towards the door, ready to take responsibility for their actions.

The scene fades to black as they walk out into the crisp autumn air, determined to make things right.

3 Likes

Bored too, waiting for my ride back to Glasgow

There’s no oat milk so having to have shitty fruit teas and that

The new Unity and LTA guest brew

1 Like

My dad watches videoes about tools on YouTube on his tablet now

1 Like

Watching home alone for the first time ever. Will I think it ‘good’ or ‘bad’? Who’s to say

It’s is Very Good

You will have a Contrarian Take

1 Like

Of the 5 John Hughes films I’ve seen, two are ‘good’, one is ‘fine’, and two are ‘shit’

Meant to be out for dinner tonight for my other half’s birthday, but this snow is causing babysitter issues

Unfortunately roast out got cancelled due to an illness. Recovered the day by reading in the library and popping back to the gallery for prints and some snacks. The artist suggested we start an artist coffee meetup for the area, I’m not a coffee drinker or artist so shall see where that goes.

2 Likes

Can’t imagine anyone not liking home alone but there are probably some of those ‘people’ out there somewhere.

4 Likes

Plan b - take the child with us

del Toro’s Pinocchio was very good, for that kind of thing

5 Likes

Just watched Home Alone 2. Now watching Alien Resurrection.

Going put some chips in the oven shortly for chip butties for tea.

Don’t know why I’m so tired, I’ve slept quite a lot the past two nights

1 Like