Sunday then is it?

I think what I’m perhaps experiencing is the early stages of begrudgment

Should point out that it wasn’t him who told me, it was my father-in-law, with some measured pride

Fuck no

Then I don’t think you should give it another thought

It’s hard not to though

1 Like

Not really. You don’t want to work in a field where that sort of commission is possible that’s your fault not his

And I’m guessing that 90% of his income is commission

I’m not sure that this is the part that’s bothering me so much. I think the commission is what it is but that price for a 1600 sq ft apartment is pretty obscene right now & his part in it … I dunno

It’s a capital city in a country with a high cost of living. This is gonna sound grim but that’s not a lot of money for that type of living
Begrudge the housing market if you want but it’s a bit futile.
He’s just doing a job

I don’t know - I imagine the housing markets in capital cities across the world are overheating. Where 2% commission may have been reasonable recompense ten years ago, it isn’t now that prices are so much higher. If we had fluctuations in housing markets or some risk involved that might improve matters, but property prices keep going up and up

1 Like

Yeah

Maybe the nagging feeling is that my honorable position at an esteemed non-profit in the charity sector is not what I thought it was and maybe I’m actually a capitalist at heart and need to up my earning potential

Meh, probably just bored of wfh tbh

It’s probably around 5% and there’s a lot of rich people leaving London at the minute for work. People will be making a killing in all capital cities the real estate lot in Frankfurt will be eyeing up lambos.

Literally doubled my money leaving the arts council and going to utilities a few years ago. Still think I’m underpaid. :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

You have just managed to describe the dissatisfaction I’m feeling in my job (and have been for a few years).

Maybe I’m just sick of living at work too though.

1 Like

When you press the thing bottom-right to bring up the thing to quickly scroll down a long thread but it just disappears instead :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Comparison is the thief of joy.

I know it’s easy to say but I know if I start comparing my wage and working hours to others them I start feeling shit and what have I done with my life but equally you have a fabulous family etc and we don’t know what people have other than money…

X

9 Likes

There was a job going at Sp*tify recently which was, in practical terms, more or less exactly what I do at our org for 2.5x the money (though they wanted someone with 6years experience in the role where I’ve got 4)

Almost applied but felt a loyalty to our cause. Maybe that’s wearing off. Still don’t think they’ve filled the role yet either …

Hmm

Every time it happens I think about just deleting my account.

Get money. Works shit

:grinning: so fucking annoying

1 Like

This is definitely part of it for me

1 Like

While the rest of what you say is true & wise I know exactly his life, lifestyle, family, sensibilities etc and have a hard time imagining what he needs the money for (he’s been doing very well for years now) unless he’s after sending his two boys to Harvard or something (not gonna happen)

Ah well, I’m sure the feeling will pass

Be happy for him imo. As long as he is humble about it, which you mentioned he is, you can’t fault him for the success. If he was on social media, or blowing up text messages, etc., fIaunting it that would be an entirely different story. This is just my two cents mind you.

7 Likes