Sunday thread

I’m reading that book for the 1st time right now. I like it, but it sure does make me feel thick at times

Howdy friends! :wave:

The stag was brilliant craic, serious amount of drinking over two days so I’m a bit of a shell. We played bubble soccer too, that was absolutely class but has also left the body feeling a bit delicate! :smile:

Just had some wonderful pints with @WizardLizard and am now watching my home county Westmeath get the shit kicked out of them by Dublin in Gaelic football. :sweat: Looking forward to bed.

3 Likes

nice one @whiterussian

6 Likes

Mate this is the best thing I’ve ever read on DiS. I’m probably gonna throw it in the Clyde.

3 Likes

The conversations were impressively fluid considering neither of us had really slept :smile:

Nice to meet your face buddy! Give us a shout whenever you’re down London way :wave:

1 Like

Hello
I’m on holiday
I’ve been to cheddar gorge today and killed my legs going up loads of steps

1 Like

A pair of red kites are using my roof as a perch today. Got a massive fright when one of them took a vertical dive past my living room window.

1 Like

It was pretty but we didn’t really look around it so I’ve no idea if it’s as cool as it looked

What did you do for midsommar btw?

morning, flying home from Calgary today. It’s been a great, great time but I am DONE now so kinda looking forward to going home and coming back to a routine. The long-ass, overnight flight not so much, but we’ll see.

Debating how to approach sleep. It leaves 6pm this evening, is 9 hours long and with the time difference will arrive at around 1pm tomorrow. I have sleeping pills but in people’s experience do they work and for how long? I’ve never really attempted it before but I pretty much can’t sleep on planes otherwise so not sure what to try and do

Which @LME live in walthamstow/leyton? My tenancy is up in sept so need to think about moving. Dont think i wanna pay stoke newington prices anymore.

Just yem from work. Lovely sunny day, looking forward to watching some more Glastonbury bits on the telly later.
A car crashed into a crowd outside a mosque in Newcastle and, although it transpired to be an accident rather than anything more malicious, it was still quite an unsettling start to the day.
Brewing some Darjeeling tea and going to crack on with reading the Dharma Bums. No matter how cliched/problematic some of Kerouac’s stuff is, his writing still always makes me want to sack off the modern world, drive around the States while on all kinds of substances and talk like a beatnik.

1 Like

eugh I just vommed the poutine I ate late last night, great

5 Likes

Why would you eat that, maaaaan? (Though I tried to find a veggie version when i was in vancouver but nothing doing)

Why wouldn’t he eat it? Isn’t it just chips and cheese?

2 Likes

and gravy sauce yeah

and @ericthefourth why anyone does anything: drunk

3 Likes

Chips and lard with gravy, i think?

I thought it was cheese curds.

Nope there’s definitely cheese curds too! If it’s done right then it’s a drunken treat! Avoid the stuff if you see it being served in any Canadian McD’s though…

I’m actually having a bit of a panic attack about this, I fucking hate flying as it is