☀ 📆 🧵 (Sunday thread)

I’d say take it on a temporary basis and don’t let it interfere with your job search. But also it’s really cheeky they’re expecting you to do the same work for 55% less pay!

2 Likes

As this is DiS, I’m sure we’ll have someone tell us this is in fact how proper burger fans eat them and to have them when they’re hot is actually Tory.

6 Likes

Don’t fully reject it - I bet it’s an opening position for them that they might compromise on.

Tell them it’s unacceptable to take a 45% pay cut and ask for either more money or reduced hours

4 Likes

was reading this like

deviant behaviour but i guess some folk are loaded and don’t give a shit

WHAT THE FUCK

4 Likes

1 Like

Is there any negotiating room for a counter offer on that 55%? 65 or 70% perhaps? I’d take that route but then I don’t know the relationship.

They clearly value your work though so you probably have more leverage than you expect, even if you only get it up to 60% that’s at least something

Anglos a Sunday.

Lazy day today. Waiting for a Sainsbury’s delivery this morning and popping out to get my other half’s birthday present this afternoon, which I’ll need to drive for since it weighs a ton.

1 Like

If you’re in an open conversation with them about it, and you can keep searching while you’re doing it, then until feb is not too bad and gives you a potential break point that you can tell other clients about - you could put a date in with these guys for renegotiation.

I also echo what others have said about trying to negotiate up on that price. They value what you’ve done in the past because they’ve come back to you.

1 Like

Slept without bedsheets last night

Pretty sure I slept better than ever. Bedsheets are the root of all my problems.

I know!! Also it wasn’t like they ordered the burgers to mean they can just drink as much as they could cause they only had like 2 pints each!
I actually think they were on an early date and just got too embarrassed to be the one to start eating the burger first but then surely eating a stone cold burger and chips after it’s been sitting there for 2 hours is more embarrassing??
Captivated I was. CAPTIVATED!!

3 Likes

I hear you…but they must surely understand that other people have economic pressures too, right?

Sounds like they wouldn’t be able to cope without you which, while probably tugging at your conscience and making you feel even more pressure to help them out, also gives you a strong base to be given what you need and what you’re worth

don’t mean to sound callous but the alternative for them would be a huge disruption for the kids and the family at a really difficult time. You’re clearly worth a lot more than 55%

4 Likes

were you not cold

Don’t take this offer as a kicking! Exceptional times call for exceptional measures unfortunately (I have also had to take work at rates lower than usual during this period). I don’t think it’s outwith your position here to let them know that you would prioritise any higher rate offer over theirs.

1 Like

Just raw duvet and mattress

hmm

Anglos

I always seem to have a bit of a head cold on Sundays

Mad that, eh

“I’d like my burger served Libertarian please.”
“Freezing cold at the end of the night? It’s how we recommend it served.”

I’ve been awake for an hour and I’m so hungry. Can’t get up to put the pizza in for breakfast tho because yesterday Avery complained that me getting up and making breakfast made his hangover worse because he missed out on the hour of snacking he usually does while making weekend breakfasts and discombobulated him for the rest of the day :upside_down_face:
I was trying to do a nice thing :cry:

Reading a F/F rom com on my phone while I wait for him to get up but it’s not enough to sustain me for much longer. My tummy is eating itself :sob:

Didn’t know they did these.

Check wisdom to see if you jump to the right conclusion about the person you fancy hugging another woman If you fail turn to page 30, if you succeed turn to the last page.

3 Likes

Does smack a bit of “Not Everyone with a second home abroad is rich.”