Sunday thread

Every time this happens I hope that I turn up at work/log in and nobody is there and I’ve made a mistake.

Looking forward to you posting from work tomorrow then

2 Likes
boring, pointless post

When I worked at shoe factory they always wanted us to do overtime on Saturdays. Was kindve expected that you’d do it now and then but I always said no, until my line manager took me to one side and asked me why I never do it. So then I agreed to do it. Later in the shift he came over and said “you’re not here tomorrow” to which I replied “it’s off?” and he nodded. I go home delighted that I’m not working at the weekend.

I go in on Monday and he comes over “what happened to you Sat’dee?”. “I thought it was off?” “No?”. He’d actually said “you’re on here tomorrow” meaning the station I was on at the time (and always was but nvm). Guessing he never heard my reply and just nodded. So I had to fill in a ‘back to work’ form and write down how I’d misheard him etc. Then in the summer they did a load of redundancies and it was based on number of absences, I’d been off 3 times in a year (2 sickies plus the aforementioned) so got culled.

Probably would’ve still been there now if I didn’t mishear him, trimming the excess off the injection moulded soles of shoes on a production line for the rest of my life. And then being melted down myself to become part of the plastic mixture and having my face pressed into dogshit and tarmac.

9 Likes

should definitely have unionised against the face recycling bit of that contract

1 Like

Yeah i dont get it either

1 Like

Probably drunk :thinking:

• got a cracking headache

0 voters

Cracking headache, Gromit

I swam in the sea for the first time in 13 years!! Usually I just put my feet in, I get shy about swimwear and worry about having to change in public or whatever but today I just jumped in with all my clothes on and let myself dry off naturally. It felt so nice, I get nervous about swimming where I can’t see or feel the bottom but didn’t even care about that, just swam and trusted myself, as I am ane experienced swimmer, and it was lovely

22 Likes

think its time we admitted italy winning the euros was pretty funny in and of itself

2 Likes

enjoyed this story.

3 Likes

@barleysugar you’re not here tomorrow

3 Likes

Could go a coffee rn tbh

Especially after eating that late dinner.

Think Channel 5 is the best terrestrial channel now.

Half eleven on a weekend night seems like an appropriate time to come to that conclusion.

1 Like

I don’t get the reference plz explain x

Brilliant.

:+1: