Super Bowl LIII

Now the Pro Bowl has slunk away for another year, there’s only one significant piece of football action left (until the AAF gets underway anyway!) The inescapable New England Patriots take on the irrepressible LA Rams for the Vince Lombardi trophy. Use this thread for predictions, gossip, speculations, prop-bets and discussions on how you’ll be watching.

• Pats
  • Rams

0 voters

Obligatory guess the winner:

There’s a pub near St Paul’s that is showing the game and they’ve painted this on the window to advertise it, cracks me up every morning:

2 Likes

First time in ages that I think I cba to watch it live. Maroon 5, Tom Brady, human face, forever

3 Likes

I never have any interest in the halftime show, and the Pats pretty much always promise a competitive game. I’m excited!

1 Like

Yeah but it’s a competitive game the pats will win.

If only Eli was playing

1 Like

We all assumed that last year too

5 Likes

I’m at work early on Monday, so cba staying up for any of it. Will watch the full thing on iPlayer in the week probably. Pats will win

You know you can do something else during the half-time show, right? I mean, I assume that’s what anyone sane does during any of the half-time shows, let alone one with Maroon 5

2 Likes

Just discovered this thanks to Deadspin, the Next Gen stats rendering is beautiful:

Going to a party with 2 packets of cofresh.

1 Like

KiK’s house

6 Likes

Looking forward to it! Obviously nobody but @profk is hoping for a Pats win, but he was probably dropped on his head as a baby or something (think he said he had a significant reason for supporting them- a bruised brain would probably cover it).

The perfect result would be Rams by 3, with a decent number of points on the board. That said, I’d rather see the Pats win in a game that goes down to the wire than the it be a Rams blowout.

Has there ever been a bad Bradybowl? Can’t remember one.

the one year i decided not to watch it live some pillock spoiled the result for me within minutes of getting into work, please learn from my mistakes

Our pub quiz host loves a bit of American football. Must get a question every week. We never get it right, but we have heard of the answer.

Except a question about Drew Breeze. This guy has got all these records and I had never heard of him before.

Anyway I hope the team that isn’t New England win. Sick of them, throwing their deflated balls, winning all the games

Brotherhood is fine. Used to work next door so it was our Friday local

Yeah the table reservation system is fine

No, at worst their games have been dramatic and pretty close, at best they’ve been in some of the best Super Bowls ever

1 Like

Everyone picked an AAF team yet? Leaning Apollos as Orlando is the only city represented I’ve been to. Birmingham Iron does sound good though. As does San Diego Fleet and Arizona Hotshots.

https://twitter.com/theaaf/status/1089961166095273985?s=21

oooo. might go for San Diego.