Super Bowl LIII

Glad I didn’t stay up for this. Sounds like the NFL equivalent of a Mourinho bus parking

Glad i watched it this morning without knowing the result. I enjoyed it tbh, but it would have been really grim watching it live.

1 Like

completely perplexed by people saying this was a “bad” Superbowl, it was a defensive slobberknocker and I LOVED IT MAGGLE!

1 Like

Strongly disagree, it was awful. Neither team made it as far as the end zone until the 4th quarter, and neither defence had to try particularly hard to stop them getting there.

1 Like

in the first half the rams only got two first downs

i didn’t hate that game, but c’mon man

2 Likes

There was only one red zone play in the entire game. It was a weird game, in that it was always really close, but it didn’t feel that tense to me, as the Rams just had no threat at all on offense

I don’t think it was bad as such, just an odd game

I enjoy watching good defensive battles :man_shrugging:t2:

yeah i think this was the problem. it wasn’t a case of either team could score at any moment, it always just felt like ‘could the rams continue holding off the pats for eternity’

1 Like

The defensive play wasn’t even that good, it was just two misfiring offences gumming each other to death.

1 Like

Dunno what you want me to say, not saying it wasn’t a great match especially just not as people are making out

Defensive games are fine so long as there are the odd breakout offensive play, otherwise what is even the point. It was enjoyable for 3 quarters, to an extent, but I was annoyed by the end of the game. It being the Pats obviously doesn’t help.

2 Likes

Maroon 5 certainly didn’t help matters either…

1 Like

I watched the very entertaining “Live” NXT match instead

Probably worth noting I didn’t get to see a lot of this season so I kinda appreciated getting to watch it at all… that and I was a bit drunk/high :wink:

1 Like

Good post this, far more eloquent than my ramblings :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

well put. I love a defensive controlled game, but more the line causing massive pressure leading to scrambling/dodging QBs, sacks + hits, bad/desperate throws. The excellent coverage is by no means any less of an achievement, but it’s harder to see on the TV (especially if it’s not on screen). Tbf to the 2 QBs, they didn’t force things except from the first throw of the game and the last meaningful one, but that doesn’t add to the spectacle much imo.

1 Like

Three of the last four Super Bowls before last night were some of the best Super Bowls ever, so I’m not too fussed we got a duff one last night. We’ve been spoilt of late.

1 Like

And Prince.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1092491769206505472

https://julianedelman.com/products/thanos-bill-belichick

1 Like

:face_vomiting:

4 Likes

surprised gamepass don’t have the multi angle choice thing like BT sport has for some soccer matches

1 Like