Super Bowl LIV

This Sunday the Kansas City Chiefs will be taking on the San Francisco 49ers in what experts are already predicting will be the Super Bowl.

Post your predictions, plans, love of Patrick Mahomes, confusion at people caring about US sport or whatever you fancy in here.

Shortly there will be the reprise of the predictions game, won last year jointly by @NeilYoung and @ChorizoPasta.

4 Likes

I believe the 49ers to be the more famous team than the Chiefs, so assume that they will win :+1:

Excite.

Don’t mind either team.

1 Like

Glad we’ve got two of the best in the final. Should be a really interesting clash of styles and I’ve no idea who will come out on top tbh. Would be kind of nice if Andy Reid wins, but then fuck Kansas for their recruitment of Hunt and Hill.

Also good to have the two best tight ends in the same game.

Actually remembered to book Monday off for the first time in years, so that’s nice.

2 Likes

My opinion on all of this is that roman numerals get a bit silly if they turn into pronounceable words

10 Likes

Somebody booked me in for an appointment at 8am on Monday.

That person is an asshole, imho.

1 Like

Hoping for a good game. Need to start taking a look at all the prop bets.

Roll up, roll up for The_Excession’s second annual Superbowl Prediction game! It’s very simple predict the outcomes on some football and some non-football happenings, you get points when you are right. Some questions will have varying points depending on how daring you’ve been, but mainly it’s yes/no. No football knowledge is really necessary even for the football related questions. Polls will close before kickoff.

Length of national anthem rendition (5 points)

• Over 2 minutes
  • Under 2 minutes

0 voters

Winner of Superbowl (10 points)

• Chiefs
  • 49ers

0 voters

Number of J-Lo wardrobe changes (5 points)

• 3 or more
  • 2 or less

0 voters

First song of the half-time show (note: apparently the running order has been leaked, showing “Get Right” (?) as the opening number, but that could be a ruse)

• Get Right (3 points)
  • Something else (8 points)

0 voters

First touchdown scorer jersey number (5 points)

• 26 or under
  • 27 or over

0 voters

Last TD scorer

• Mostert (5 points)
  • Damien Williams (7)
  • Kelce (7)
  • Hill (9)
  • Kittle (9)
  • Watkins (12)
  • Coleman (12)
  • D Samuel (15)
  • Bourne (15)
  • Someone else! Someone else! (5)

0 voters

Number of players to throw a pass

• Two (5 points)
  • More than two (10 points)

0 voters

Mahomes to throw for… (5 points)

• 300 yards or more
  • Less than 300 yards

0 voters

Kelce receiving yards… (5 points)

• 75 yards or more
  • Less than 75 yards

0 voters

Garoppolo to throw for… (5 points)

• 240 yards or more
  • Less than 240 yards

0 voters

Mostert rushing yards… (5 points)

• 75 yards or more
  • Less than 75 yards

0 voters

MVP

• Mahomes (5 points)
  • Someone else! Someone else! (5 points)

0 voters

Who the fucks Liv?

1 Like

And it’s liv!

7 Likes

Train to the airport at 6:15 Monday morning

• Sleep before and after the superb owl,and Sleep on the train and plane
  • Proper night’s kip. Avoid the result and watch it via gamepass/iplayer Monday evening

0 voters

Colour of Gatorade thrown over winning coach

• Red
  • Lime/Green/Yellow
  • Purple
  • Orange
  • Clear/Water
  • Blue

0 voters

1 Like

Ok, using the famous Dr Epimer American football method as refined in the college bowl predictions, this is going to be an easy win for the 49ers.

Gamble now, thank me later.

Liv and exclusiv

Liv Tyler: The Creator

Sometimes I find it fun to imagine a world where Liv Tyler is the lead singer of Aerosmith and Steve Tyler is an actor in Armageddon, The Leftovers, Lord of the Rings etc.

fuck it, we’ll do it liv

4 Likes

Heart says Chiefs, head says 49ers. Really hope the 49ers don’t get the kind of big lead Andy Reid is fond of giving away because they’ll just spend the rest of the game running down the clock. Want a good game more than anything else after last year’s disgrace.

2 Likes

Will those watching at home and getting in the spirit of things be drinking good beer or American beer?

Seems to me that the people who chuck their beer wanker ethics in the bin for the night and just plough through a case of Bud have a better time.

Doesn’t seem to get me drunk, though, and obviously going down some sort of IPAs or sours route’s a cop-out and it has to be strictly readily-available big brand lager.

1 Like

I will be drinking good American beer. (off to the sludge offie in a bit)

2 Likes