Super Bowl LVI

I’ll be rooting for the Rams. Years of investing good will and passionate defence of Matthew Stafford means that watching him win a Lombardi will be a vindication of sorts, even though of course it will be bittersweet seeing him do it with another team.

Won’t be upset if the Bengals win. The turnaround is pretty inspiring, even if the only concrete lesson I think another team can take from it is “find a really talented QB” (a lesson I would like my team to take note of).

2 Likes

Whoa whoa whoa, let’s not go nuts.

1 Like

This is pretty much me, would be happy for Stafford and obviously Bengals are divisional rivals, but equally appreciate them winning is the bigger story so won’t be upset if they do.

Just hoping for a good game really

Heart says Bengals, head says Rams, all of my being says fuck Stan Kroenke.

1 Like

No investment in this beyond always enjoying the times I’ve caught a bit of the game before the tiredness hits

What’s the expected UK time for the actual start of game?

Kickoff is 11:30

Doable

Overtime starts around 3:30…

Might just suddenly become hugely invested in this, doing streams of me wearing one of the teams kits etc and giving loads of big opinions, simply because I happen to have the day off tomorrow. Never watched American football in my life.

6 Likes

I think it’s Stafford’s time to shine. Or at least watch while Aaron Donald mashes Burrow into a fine paste.

Gambling:

Donald MVP 12/1
Mixon under 59 rushing, over 25 receiving, Akers under 64 yards rushing, combined 8/1
In fact Akers under 64 is my lock :lock: of the week

1 Like

2 Likes

One of us! One of us!

1 Like

Wavering between looking at literally everything else and just looking at Joe Burrow’s record in big games.

Going to do all my betting when I wake up from my pre-game sleep I think

Teams I always have to pronounce like in the Simpsons:

2 Likes

Uh oh I like Akers over 64.5. :grimacing:

Also took Bengals and over teaser.
Matthew Stafford first completion under 7.5 yards
Joe Mixon under 93.5 rushing/receiving yards
Will there be a score in first 5 and half minutes, yes

Akers has been sneakily rubbish since he came back, 2.8 yards a carry on 54 carries in 3 games. Plus Henderson is back fit, and Michel has been effective. Obviously he could stillblow it out the water on one big run, that’s the risk, and McVay does seem to love him.

1 Like

Who’s doing the anthem?

Mickey Guyton, country singer I believe.

3 Likes

Much like the Chiefs game I think the Bengals are definitely capable of winning this but almost certainly won’t. Just hard to see that O-Line keeping Donald, Miller and Floyd at bay for the entire game. There are reasons to be hopeful (the Rams running game kind of stinks, Stafford always has a ropey turnover in him, they have a tendency to forget how to play football for whole quarters at a time) and the game will tilt more in favour of the Bengals the longer it remains competitive but the Rams are favourites for a reason. Won’t be too disappointed if the Bengals don’t do it, they’ve massively overachieved this year and seeing them in the Superbowl at all still feels surreal.

1 Like

Henderson’s back for the Rams isn’t he? Imagine he’s going to get the bulk of the work.