Super early Friday thread

They definitely are. If it’s in your contract it IS binding. Lots of legal cases hinge on what is written in the contract, regardless of whether the actual thing is right or not.

If it was me - not a proper lawyer - I’d say that it may well only be a guideline when it’s in the TDS, but you’re not discussing the TDS. You’re talking about a clause in a contract, agreed to and signed by both parties, in which it is stated that the period is ten working days. There’s no reason why a reasonable person reading that contract would think it means anything other than what is stated in the clause.

3 Likes

Take no prisoners @83746725

1 Like

The dispute is spurious but I’m beyond that now - the point is that they’ve broken their own contract and are trying to weasel out of it.

1 Like

Citizens advice provide online appointments if you can’t get to them

Failing that, universities that run law degrees will have pro bono clinics

Thanks @Tuna @shes_so_high @Epimer - also spoke to someone i know who spent their working life dealing with contracts and they said that the agents are talking total shit as well.

2 Likes

No problem.

£350

7 Likes

I would be happy to pay for legal advice if it meant vanquishing these amoral fuckheads

You don’t need to book with citizens advice, you can start a chat now (im really impressed with that)

yeah, it’s part of the contract between us. the contract that they drew up.

Only really familiar with Ohms and Cattle from that list! Most of them are playing at Clwb and The Moon though, aren’t they?

Tiny Rebel is ideal for pre drinks though, much more varied choice than the other two venues!

HELLO from Portugal

14 Likes

Kozelek loves Portugal so it must be pretty great

1 Like

Just remembered the TV yelled “Leonard Cohen” in her sleep while I was getting up this morning. Just that, nothing else.

9 Likes

He’ll only spend on Star War toys and mousemsts.

Oh no, I’d get a proper lawyer

2 Likes

Wise.

What ye up to in Portugal man?

Sadly it’s not a case of not paying - they have our deposit.