Super Furry Animals

My mistake - single’s out tomorrow.

Woooowww!!! I remember Das Koolies getting mentioned in the SFA biography. Wonder if it’s anything to do with that mythical SFA techno album

1 Like

Per Kliph Scurlock in one of the SFA FB groups, the orignal Das Koolies tapes were lost and this is “completely new music”.

Makes me wonder if all 5 of them are involved in this. Hope so!

1 Like

On Facebook too - Redirecting...

1 Like

Used to have a download of what I think was the techno album. A lot of stuff got used for other songs, if it’s the right thing (like Lazer Beam, Slow Life, and the intro to Save Hi).

1 Like

“used to have”? Any idea where I might go looking for it?

You sure about that ?! didn’t think it had ever seen the light of day !!

Really can’t remember @rob.orch, sorry, and it was on an old laptop which got fucked when I broke the ribbon while trying to fix the internal keyboard, so in theory if I could find that…

@Richie_Ronco not even slightly sure - that said, it was definitely touted as such on whichever blog I was looking on.

The music was definitely not anything I’d heard anywhere else, though, and was very “Cian playing around”, but all sounded legit. Either way it was good fun.

2 Likes
8 Likes

I love it!

“There’s something wrong with me. I work on holidays.” Great stuff!

1 Like

This is all of them minus Gruff, apparently.

1 Like

Thought I could hear him singing backing vocals?

It sounds like him in the verses, or maybe that’s just because of Juxtaposed with U vocoder effects.

I thought the chorus was quite Steve Mason, and he is known for collaborating with people.

1 Like

which isn’t to say he hasn’t been roped in for a guest spot but I’m fairly positive that’s not him on this. Bunf on lead and maybe Daf or Cian on the vocoder bits?

1 Like

I like that a lot but was sure it was Gruff on the chorus. Ah well, here’s hoping I get to see them on a sunny day over the summer. :slight_smile:

It’s ok isn’t it. Predictably everyone on the SFA facebook group is absolutely shitting themselves with joy over it. (some of who probably post on here :slight_smile:)

I struggle to get excited about side projects. Which this is not apparently. I’ll hang on for some proper SFA !!

Yeah, I think it’s just ok - but even if this was the best thing ever, the fact that the whole band isn’t on it has really pissed on my bonfire.

Sounds quite a lot like that Acid Casuals record which makes me think Cian is taking the lead on this. Have to dig that out, haven’t listened to it in ages

1 Like

Also hoping the fact that Gruff isn’t on it is down to him recording a new Neon Neon album!