Supergrass

That’s the one!

I legitimately have no idea how big they’d be if they came back. They were doing sort of Brixton Academy-sized venues most of their career, but they don’t seem like a band who’ve hoovered up fans or interest since they’ve been away really – a bit like Doves. I’m happy to have them back though.

1 Like

Cheers, I’ll check this out, never seen it.

This is a great doc. Worth watching if only for the shot where Danny comedy punches Taylor from the Foo Fighters backstage after a gig. Or was it Dave Grohl? Can’t remember, proper had me when I saw that though.

It’s Not Me.

I bought that second album on the day of release and when I eventually got to this track it was quite apparent to me that this song was my favorite song I had ever heard at that point in my life, it kind encapsulated everything I felt as a 16 year old at the time.I played the song so much on that day that I decided I should lock it away and not listen to it again for some time through fear I might get bored of it. I didn’t think that ‘some time’ would actually mean 22 years later.

Thank you to whoever first mentioned this song, I found the CD at my parents house this morning and can happily confirm that song is still as great as when I first heard it.

9 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2EuA3dAmcg/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading

6 Likes

I like the 2020 part of that hashtag. Tonight’s gig was near me and I was already busy… was worried it might be a one off.

They started tonight’s gig with Caught By The Fuzz… frankly I would have lost my shit if I had been there.

1 Like

Love that 2nd album.

2nd album was an absolute killer. Also this remains a lost classic IMO;

Most underrated band of the britpop era

7 Likes

Really like You Can See Me too, actually the whole of In It For The Money is great and need to listen to it again.

Only saw them live once for some reason, at Leeds Festival so hopefully there will be a reunion tour.

So they played the Pilton Party thing last night. What a set! Proper greatest hits!

Saw a link for a show at Hackney Oslo on Monday, but it goes to a dead ticket link.

1 Like

Here, tickets on sale midday today apparently. We shall see:

https://twitter.com/SupergrassHQ/status/1170230258097950721?s=19

1 Like

That’s a hell of a set. There’s a band who know exactly what their fans want.

Just listened to Cheapskate for the first time in about 20 years. :heart_eyes:

Think I might have to go to Glastonbury next year, then…

2 Likes

That ticket link is live now. Tickets on sale at midday. 35 quid plus fees, but IT’S HAPPENING!!

Damn I love Supergrass. I don’t live in the past and these “Cool Britannia” events sound like a nightmare, but this is one band I definitely still want to have around.

1 Like

Very glad they’re back together

Best part of £40 a ticket! I saw them quite a few times way back when and may not have spent £40 altogether. Still, plenty of bangers for your bucks.

the guy really has a lovely voice for that kind of music

2 Likes