You realise as you approach the till that you don’t need one of he items you have picked up along the way.
- You return to where you picked it up and place it neatly back where it belongs.
- You ask a member of staff to take it from you.
- If it’s a refrigerated item you ensure that it goes in a fridge, but otherwise leave it on any nearby surface.
- You put it down on the nearest available surface regardless of what it is.
- You buy it because it’s too late now and you don’t want to make a scene.
- You put it in your jacket, the buzz of the steal arousing you slightly.
- You throw it against the wall and scream at someone to clean it up.