Supermarket loiterers

Always happens when I’m down the supermarket doing my weekly shop. People just hanging around where you need to be. Pick stuff up and put it down again, repeat indefinitely. Cheese section seems to be worst.

Can’t just sneak round them anymore because of social-distancing.

5 Likes

Used to get annoyed by these sorts even in normal times, but now we’re all terrified of coming within 6 feet of another human they literally shouldn’t be allowed out the house.

8 Likes

Dale Winton’s first draft etc

5 Likes

Saw a lot of these yesterday as well as one family I encountered about 8 times, constantly walking 3 in a row like idiot dickheads

2 Likes

Just start slowly approaching them whilst dry coughing. That’ll hurry them up.

3 Likes

One of those things that people think they’re the only one who doesn’t do it.

15 Likes

I don’t see myself as a cheese loiterer as such but these are difficult decisions, so I kinda relate.

4 Likes

I dislike these people when they’re not me but I’m also quite aware that it’s probably often me. I try to have some awareness of other people waiting though

5 Likes

A little bit of dithering is ok if you’re aware of other people around you and are making sure not to block them. But I do go to the supermarket at 6am to avoid other people so I don’t often encounter them now.

2 Likes

I definitely do this when I’m buying beer to be honest.

I’m paranoid about people and social distancing now though. If somebody was waiting nearby I’d probably hurry up to get away from them

1 Like

Can i propose a sub-category?

Banana rummagers. Every single banana has to be picked up, fondled and thrown forcibly back onto the shelf.

Just use your eyes dickheads!!

1 Like

Threads like these are the reason I come home with half the things I need because I’m too scared to spend time making sure I have anything

4 Likes

No problem with taking time remembering what you need. I’m talking about the people who have to spend 5 minutes weighing up whether to buy a bag of peas or not

yes that’s me

2 Likes

I have the memory of a sieve to be honest. Have to write down every last thing I need to buy because no way will I remember everything

Supermarkets have too much choice is the problem.

1 Like

You should go to machine when you go in saying how many people youre buying for for how many days plus dietary/allergy ingo and get given a shop.

3 Likes

Hard to pick up bananas with your eyes

1 Like

Well they do now. Didn’t in March though :frowning:

Eyes for choosing.

Hands for keeping.

Stay alert.

4 Likes