Supermarket naan bread

is fucking shite

13 Likes

Most of its terrible, but I had some from Waitrose once which was actually good. I sometimes think about that one time in my life where I had good supermarket naan

1 Like

These are :ok_hand::ok_hand:

Waitrose naan from the Indian section are good too

3 Likes

There’s one I get from mozzas which is pretty dece.will try and find. My tip is to pretend it’s not cooked and warm it in a frying pan… Then you get the charred bits

1 Like

Complete waste of time.

You want to be getting yourself some of these, sticking them on a hot frying pan and rubbing some butter over them before spreading some minced ginger over the top.

Think theyre fine myself

Corner shop/mini market naan >>>>>>>> supermarket naan.

Love sprinkling the water on before it goes in the oven, makes me feel proper cheffy

3 Likes

Get some paratha too, but this is the naan thread

3 Likes

weird how poppadoms taste like sick sometimes

We had these’uns from Morrisons a while back and they are so much better than the normal supermarket ones. Decent size too.

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/the-clay-oven-bakery-garlic-coriander-naan-bread/336891011

2 Likes

Lived around the corner from a naan bakery when I lived in Stoke. 4 fresh naan for a quid (Four?! That’s insane! , etc)

5 Likes

The Asda ones are terrible.

Morrison’s ‘Clay Oven’ or something are passable

That’s them!!

1 Like

I get these from a nann bakery in Stoke!!! Though they’re not 4 for £1, it’s crept up a bit but still…so delicious.

5 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree that supermarket naans are a waste of money. My wife makes great flatbreads but if we’re tight for time we just have potato scones on the side of a curry instead.

2 Likes

Self-raising flour + yoghurt mixed and cooked on a pizza stone in the over for a couple of minutes >>>>>>>> all shop-bought naans. Cheaper as well and prep takes about 90 seconds.

3 Likes

Buttered toast is sometimes good with a curry, especially if it’s keema. Good with chilli con (non) carne too.

Yeh these are decent. Also these are good but they all lack that grease factor you get from the takeaway
https://riyasoriginal.com/product/fresh-handmade-garlic-coriander-naan/

Rub some butter over them.