Supersonic 2017 - June

pretty cool, will probs wait for another bunch of announcements

Really tempted by this, haven’t been to Supersonic since 2008 but it’s a great little festival. Lineup already looks really good.

Probably will wait on more of the line-up to be announced but otherwise I’m well up for this.

Looks a good line up so far. Last time I went it was at the Custard Factory which worked really well, this year its a warehouse in Digbeth? Doesn’t look particularly inspiring.

http://www.boxxed.co.uk/

Unfortunately the Custard Factory is run by a pair of idiot loons and they don’t realise how ludicrous their approach to business is. I’ve had some good nights st Boxxed, sure Supersonic will make the most of it. It’s virtually next door to the Custard factory.

Just over a week away now. First time. Must say am pretty excited about it. The Saturday line up looks particularly strong; Richard Dawson, Raime, Jessica Moss, Colin Stetson, zu…
But there seems to be good stuff on all days…
Anyone know if the site is near other stuff (decent pubs, food places in case we need to escape the festival for 30 mins)? Or is it in the middle of industrial wilderness?

Food wise, Original Patty Men is 5 minutes walk but use google maps, you’d never find it otherwise. For veggies The Warehouse Cafe is legendary. Decent pubs are scarce in Digbeth. The Old Crown is ok, The Spotted Dog is good, The Rainbow is close too. The Anchor is behind the coach station for real ale. Near New Street station there’s the Sunflower Lounge, The Victoria and Cherry Reds plus Brewdog. Purecraft Bar, Post Office Vaults and Pieminister up by the Town Hall.

This weekend!

Anyone goin’?

I am!

Nope, but bloody love Anna Von Hauswolff :heart:

Enjoy.

Really impressed. A smashing weekend of music. The programme on whole was excellent, varied and interesting, lots of flavours as it were… In terms of numbers it always felt the right side of buzzy, never felt over crowded. The 2 un cooled venues were taxingly hot but you can’t really blame the organisers for that (who knew it was going to be such a warm weekend).
Musical highlights
Zu / Khyam Allami / Colin Stetson / Kamilya Jubran - WASL / Anonymous Bash / Richard Dawson / Jessica Moss / Kuro Maga
Other Highlights
The opening of the Sabbath Karaoke / £1 samosas / Mad Goose Ale / The town hall as the opening venue / Birmingham in the sun
Will be back next year for sure…

Ace weekend weren’t it. Sooooooooo hot! Really enjoyed The Space Lady.