Just added this to the Festivals board.

Of that lineup I know

• All
  • Most
  • Half
  • Few
  • None

0 voters

Good old Capsule. My home town festival and i bloody love it. Really strong first announcement. Can’t believe June of 44 are playing!

Last time i had to pop off to a Thou matinee in notts part way through the fest so glad they are playing this time also.

Excellent first announcement from a great festival, July too which is great the 2 Ive attended were later in the year so on the cold side.

Main pointer is that the High Street is pretty much unpassable due to roadworks so the easiest way to the venues is through the back streets on the Custard Factory side of the road. Not here tomorrow but the new venues are both great, Digbeth seems to have an inexhaustible supply of ex-industrial spaces that are well-suited to noisy gigs. There’s a food court at the Mill too ), got Tempeh, Wings and some other stuff I don’t remember.

2 Likes

Also: earplugs are a must, 7Svn in particular is incredibly loud. They’re not holding back on the lights either, which could be an issue if you or anyone in your party has any problem with strobe lighting.

1 Like

Anyone else going to this year’s edition this weekend?

2 Likes

I’ve sourced a ticket for Saturday! my life is in chaos with moving etc but can make it out i think.

Musically im excited for…

Taqbir (can’t freakin wait!!!)
Blind Eye
Divide & Dissolve
Ragana (2nd highlight of the day for me)
Oxbow
Then hope i can stay awake for BackxWash before getting home!

will catch others along the way also. Maybe this will be the time i finally ‘get’ Godflesh after seeing them multiple times!

What about you!?

2 Likes

Saturday’s actually the day where I’m familiar with the fewest acts, so (Divide & Dissolve aside) it’s going to be a discovery day for me.

Apart from the big hitters on the other days, I’m looking forward to catching Ex Easter Island Head and Josephine Foster, as it must’ve been 10 years+ since I caught either of them.

1 Like

Slightly amazed these were still going but that’s Digbeth for you. Another amazing weekend at the best festival in the world, hard to list all the highlights but Giant Swan, DJ BRS, Ashenspire, Infinity Knives, Backxwash and 75 Dollar Bill all ruled. Also I’ll never be the biggest Godflesh fan in the world but they sounded enormous in 7Svn, best time I’ve seen them by miles.

Not really much in the way of lowlights other than the cancellations, appreciate the festival found really good replacements for MC Yallah and Matana Roberts (the latter at extremely short notice) but Blue Ruth just didn’t show up as far as I can tell? Also hate to admit it but Lankum did absolutely nothing for me, only set I didn’t enjoy all weekend.

Amazing vibe, fun crowd (feels like the diversity of the booking is starting to filter through to the crowd which is good, although older white dudes still the majority by some distance), will be back again next year. Also spotted someone reading the people who have fucked it thread before Giant Swan, so hello whoever you may be.

1 Like

This is me also! I’ve lost track how many times i have seen them and always been unimpressed (same on record) but they sounded phenomenal and were really, really good (probably helped when i remembered half way through i had eaten some mushroom chocolate :smiley: )

But yea, incredible festival really. I only went on the saturday but the diversity, and brilliance of the programming really hit me. The run of Taqbir, Divide & Dissolve, Rangana, Oxbox, Godlesh, Backxswash was next level. All of those were exceptional.

And again echoing you - great feel about the place and totally safe feel to things. I’ve known Lisa for a long time now and the way the festival has developed since that first one is a joy to behold.

The chips from Beet the System were unreal also - even at £9 i couldn’t complain!!

SO happy its a brum festival

1 Like

Very, very interested in this year’s edition.

This post paid for by PROF$.

3 Likes

Hoping that BPB makes it to Open House up here this years. Fits in with the tour and he’s been before.

1 Like

All booked in for this year. Loved last year’s, and this lineup is already shaping up nicely.