Superstore

Just getting to the end of season 2 of this and really enjoying it now. Started off a bit wishy-washy but seems to be getting going much more as it goes on. Some properly laugh out loud bits and generally very good easy viewing. Anyone into it?

2 Likes

Was thinking of doing so, got too annoyed with New Girl so been looking for a new show like this

1 Like

Yeah it’s one of those shows that’s never going to be your absolute favourite or anything but serves the purpose really well.

2 Likes

My partner v much enjoys this. I’ve not 2atched much but what I have seen has been fine.

1 Like

End of S2/start of S3 is very good.

I’m on the final season atm, been my go to background relaxing show for the past couple of months.

1 Like

I really liked Superstore! It was my default wind down/easy watch for a good few weeks. A nice balance of characters, and they didn’t become annoying. (That was my worry when I started it.)

2 Likes

Yeah really like it! Like it’s rubbish but it genuinely makes me laugh out loud at least once episode!

Does it stay at ‘quite good’ all the way through?

I reckon so - maybe gets slightly worse, but fairly consistent

1 Like

That’s the good thing about it never setting the bar that high in the earlier ones I guess.

1 Like

Yeah thats the best bit I think, and all of the characters are likeable and unlikeable at the same time which I like.

1 Like

Just finished season 5 and am now massively annoyed that S6 isn’t on Netflix yet.

Good article

Just finished it all. It has been alright. Thought the Covid episode was a bit obvious but pretty funny.

1 Like

I’ve still got the last 3 episodes to go. Think they’ve worked the pandemic stuff in as best they could.

1 Like

I’ve just started watching this after seeing it mentioned on here a few times. It’s enjoyable in the same vein as Community etc.

2 Likes

The first season is not as good as the rest imo, once it gets going it’s very funny and a pretty good low key, backgroundy way while also covering some quite interesting topics.

2 Likes

Only recently came across this didn’t know it existed. Each episode is just over 20 minutes and it’s fun watch.

Anyone a fan of The Kids In The Hall ?
I loved that during the early 90s on Channel Four. One of the best theme tunes too.

I always thought Mark McKinney (the manager in Superstore) was the funny and cool one on there. Glad to see him back after so long.

I watch this when I’m on the blob and don’t have the capacity to do much. It’s doing that annoying sit-com thing where the only two gay men in the show date despite having nothing in common other than both being gay.