🥰 "Support Us" - new feature to help DiS survive (Rolling Feedback Thread)

Noticed with the update there’s now a ‘Website’ link at the top, which on mobile is in place of the link to home on the forum until you scroll a certain way. Is this needed? Apologies @sean if you’re specifically trying to direct some traffic back that way, but it seems unlikely as it’s now archived?

Just click on the logo to goto the forums.

The website still has advertising on it and I’ll make a new homepage at some point.

Keep in mind a large chunk of our visitors are arriving from Google and may not know we have a website.

There’s also a support us link.

Think the issue is that on mobile the logo isn’t visible now when loading a new page or thread, until you do some scrolling. This is how it looks:

Pretty sure most forum users would get more use out of a shortcut back to the forum home on this bar rather than a link to the website (unless you can find space for both).

1 Like

Must be an Android issue.

Does it happen with the “…4 Mobile” themes?

Interesting, it fits on my screen so I guess there are more resolutions in play than expected

I’m also on android

There’s a thread for this over here

is it maybe a font size thing? both the Website and Support DiS are much bigger in that image than on my phone

It is android but switching to the 4 mobile version fixes it, ta!

1 Like

Actually I only seem to be able to change between Graceful, Standard Colours and Vincent. All the others look like Standard Colours. Very odd.

I raised this issue on Site Feedback

If you change your theme in settings to one of the ‘…4 Mobile’ options, it should sort it out.

That’s how I fixed it (Chrome browser on an Xperia).

1 Like

Also I’ve just removed the website link

2 Likes

five hundo :eyes:

3 Likes

Amazing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

It sounds like I might as well carry on with my normal DiS Paypal payments that I make every month as it still goes to DiS. Except it’ll look like I don’t contribute because it’s not in my avatar? Sorry, I haven’t read the whole thread yet.

The avatar badge has been switched off atm

1 Like

What are the expenses of DiS other than the forum? Is it just retention of the archive website?

That would be much appreciated. The forums are only half our outgoings and we have have a fair bit of debt to pay down.

Hosting old site (including the code on Heroku, back up of code, and images on Amazon)

Filing annual company accounts as we’re a limited company

Misc stuff like domain and email (only on corporate gmail so it’s cheap)

Currently we’ve been running at a lost so I’ve been paying some of these bills personally.

2 Likes

I still think the raffle idea is a good one; any update on this?