šŸ„° "Support Us" - new feature to help DiS survive (Rolling Feedback Thread)

Sure, but itā€™d be great if you could start separate threads for those kinds of request and tag him or @ staff in the thread :blush:

1 Like

yeah I thought it was a bit cheeky, sorry!

2 Likes

If you have suggestions for improvements for Discourse in general, feel free to share them on meta.discourse.org! Thatā€™s the best place.

As far as the poll builder, we wanted to make it easier, so that was the reason for that change.

4 Likes

Please make these kindsa requests on the official Discourse forums.

Noticed with the update thereā€™s now a ā€˜Websiteā€™ link at the top, which on mobile is in place of the link to home on the forum until you scroll a certain way. Is this needed? Apologies @sean if youā€™re specifically trying to direct some traffic back that way, but it seems unlikely as itā€™s now archived?

Just click on the logo to goto the forums.

The website still has advertising on it and Iā€™ll make a new homepage at some point.

Keep in mind a large chunk of our visitors are arriving from Google and may not know we have a website.

Thereā€™s also a support us link.

Think the issue is that on mobile the logo isnā€™t visible now when loading a new page or thread, until you do some scrolling. This is how it looks:

Pretty sure most forum users would get more use out of a shortcut back to the forum home on this bar rather than a link to the website (unless you can find space for both).

1 Like

Must be an Android issue.

Does it happen with the ā€œā€¦4 Mobileā€ themes?

Interesting, it fits on my screen so I guess there are more resolutions in play than expected

Iā€™m also on android

Thereā€™s a thread for this over here

is it maybe a font size thing? both the Website and Support DiS are much bigger in that image than on my phone

It is android but switching to the 4 mobile version fixes it, ta!

1 Like

Actually I only seem to be able to change between Graceful, Standard Colours and Vincent. All the others look like Standard Colours. Very odd.

I raised this issue on Site Feedback

If you change your theme in settings to one of the ā€˜ā€¦4 Mobileā€™ options, it should sort it out.

Thatā€™s how I fixed it (Chrome browser on an Xperia).

1 Like

Also Iā€™ve just removed the website link

2 Likes

five hundo :eyes:

3 Likes

Amazing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

It sounds like I might as well carry on with my normal DiS Paypal payments that I make every month as it still goes to DiS. Except itā€™ll look like I donā€™t contribute because itā€™s not in my avatar? Sorry, I havenā€™t read the whole thread yet.

The avatar badge has been switched off atm

1 Like