My Bloody Valentine Thread (Rolling) - 'm b v' out 02.02.2013.

How’s that one go? :thinking:

I remember not liking it very much. Haven’t listened to it in about 3 years.

would put at least a couple tracks from that album as among their best.

1 Like

I mean, that’s pretty much what it is? It’s material stemming from at least 3 different recording sessions between 1993 and 1998 or so, plus then-new sessions to finish it off. I agree that ti feels a bit compilation-like, though I think it works fairly well for what it is and a bulk of the material is strong on its own.

2 Likes

Last two tracks are good

1 Like

i remember thinking it was absolutely fine but completely unmemorable

2 Likes

I heard a funny story from a member of another Creation band where Kevin played them 20 ‘different’ (identical) mixes of a particular song then asked them which one they liked.
‘Er, number 6???’

7 Likes

Listening to it now, and I remember what I didn’t like was the terrible production. It’s muddy, like listening through mucus. That’s presumably what the army of producers on Loveless sorted out for him. The exceptions are New You and Wonder 2 (which lack the layering that made Loveless so enjoyable but which make m b v a chore).

Astonishingly the treble booster on itunes makes it a bit better.

I remember doing that on first listen, buy my family really don’t like it :roll_eyes: so it’s earphones or a sound-dock, which just isn’t as good. Loveless sounded good whatever.

Like everything MBV release it sounds whopper when you just TURN IT UP!

5 Likes

i didn’t think it sounded bad, was quite warm and full sounding i thought

3 Likes

It’s hard to explain, it just seems muddy. I thought I nailed it with mucus. This is why I don’t write reviews for popular music websites.

1 Like

remember this :joy:

RIP irony

Only white lies. About how long it will take to release his next album (he’s still the bees’ knees though).

1 Like
5 Likes

Get the chills EVERY time I hear Only Shallow. Literally, EVERY time.

4 Likes

[sounds like a] “mermaid falling into a black hole or something”

hahaha

It sounds literally NOTHING like that.