My Bloody Valentine Thread (Rolling) - 'm b v' out 02.02.2013.

I’ll never get sick of it.

2 Likes

Like a THING doing a THING in a THING. Talking Heads eh?

Just to be clear, I was quoting someone off that video you posted, not saying that about Only Shallow

John Doran actually. He’s a good writer but occasionally ends up in full on Pseud’s Corner mode.

1 Like

No problem, I’d heard that too, but then the video started with Kevin tripping up on a Maplin catalogue.

He’s a non-drinker these days so maybe you could bring him for a soda water and lime?

Only Tomorrow is out of this world and it is a great album all round in my view. Weirdly, I dreamed this news of a new album a few weeks back…

Hmm, let’s remember things not on the EP and remasters. Always liked this one:

Can’t find that “2” song on the interweb, but that was stonking too.

1 Like

Ah, there we go:

2 Likes

wish 2 had made an official appearance on that compilation. Lovely track.

Not too keen on Kevin Song, but apparently it was left off due to not being able to find the master tapes(?)

This was my favourite of those leaked songs, the rest of which ended up on the EP compilation.

…and a tour please…PLEASE…I’ve been holding out hopes they would do Primavera again…this has increased the chances somewhat…I noticed Kevin is playing at the Sigur Ros festival…albeit maybe solo?!

not got high hopes for this, but yolo. love a bit of Loveless. at my mate’s tournament the other month I picked Only Shallow as my walk-on music if I made the final. finished 3rd so didn’t get to troll everyone with it :cry: but then it turned out the guy who was runner up, who i well fancy, loves MBV. swoon. have recently been enjoying that MBV memes page on Facebook as well (you can never have too much hoover-themed content)

this is totally one of my desert islands discs~

1 Like

Don’t know why it’s never occurred to me before that Only Shallow would be amazing as walk on music

As all the memes say “dut dut dut dut dut dut dut dut VreeeooooOOOOoooowww reeeeeaaaaOoooooaaawww”

2 Likes

Am I alone (or maybe those shows were just particularly a bit dodgy sound-wise - I went to the Manchester show a few years ago and remember reviews commenting on the levels being a bit wank) in my opinion that I found them a tad disappointing live?

sometimes I just walk around quietly muttering dut dut dut dut VREEEEEOWWWWW VROWWWWWW VREEEEEOW to myself

4 Likes

If I recall, they were having sound issues. I think they eventually fired the sound guy.

Was between that or “Duel” or Swervedriver for my wrestling entrance music

Ahhh…Duel. remember them playing a flawless Mescal Head set in support of Curve touring Cuckoo. Mesmerising.

That’s a shame, I remember feeling kind of bad for my friend I went with who hadn’t heard them before. Part of my enjoyment was kind of managing to decipher the songs I recognised from the sludge, but for someone unfamiliar it can’t have been so great.