Swans - in context of last year's allegation (trigger warning)

fwiw I think he’s genuinely a massive prick. his gross-out film was probably the final piece of evidence I needed to convince me of that, so this whole thing is unsurprising.

2 Likes

Yeah, big fan of his earlier music but been long put off by the apparent personality behind it.

1 Like

Yeah he probably is. Reminds me of Kanye a bit in that he doesn’t seem to put any thought into what he says before he just goes for it, then feels he shouldn’t have to live with the consequences. IDK, not done anything bad enough, in my mind and to my knowledge, not listen to him. Just a bit of a weirdo

Kanye’s an interesting comparison, that Cosby tweet was fairly ‘you fucking serious?’ I 'd say flylo is more aware of what he’s actually conveying than he lets on. But it’s a matter of opinion.

I thought that about Kanye for years. Carefully cultivated persona rather than nut job. Oh well :pensive:

1 Like

In fairness, even for Kanye he got a little out of hand - and it seems from the pending insurance lawsuit on his tour that he might have been having severe mental health issues.

1 Like

Yeah, he’s clearly not well

Thank you for this nuanced addition to the discussion…

1 Like

Also, setting aside questions of guilt, let’s not equate ‘rapist’ and ‘sexual deviant’. This is a question of consent.

Oh, I see someone else has already flagged this. If the post is removed, mods, please fire my responses into oblivion with it.

6 Likes

There was quite an interesting talk about this on (of all places) Adam Buxtons podcast, the one with Richard Ayoade- they talk about woody Allen, separation of the person and their art, etc. It’s quite interesting to listen to- very lazy of me not to provide a link, but check it out.

1 Like

I remember hearing this at the time…I’m going to revisit it as, although I recall being in agreement at the time, my perspective has shifted a little and now I’m wondering if they were a bit lenient.