Swans

Swans are playing round the corner from my apartment on Thursday. It’s quite pricey and I don’t know them that well but it’s always seemed like an intense ‘must see’ live experience. Should I go for it?

Yes

Yes

Yes.

Yes

Nah

Who?

Some swans. Playing round the corner.

I’d go.

I’ve never seen Swans play, do they break each others arms?

Would definitely advise seeing them at least once.

No.

I like how quickly we’ve gone from this

to unanimous
"Yeah do it!"
:smiley:

Yeah I did think it is a bit difficult to say go and see them in light of the allegations.

In a case such as this, where there is no possible resolution it’s hard to see what the moral choice is.

As stated in that thread, entirely personal choice, really. I just liked how completely opposite both threads felt, even if that was also understandable :slight_smile:

I said No

I don’t think there can be an objectively moral stance. I do think people should be made aware of the situation. As I think I said in the other thread, this flies in the face of innocent-until-proven-guilty, but there is such a societal problem with this particular crime going unreported that IUPG doesn’t necessarly mean we shouldn’t mention it.

Oh I definitely think it should be mentioned it’s people’s subsequent actions that are harder to interpret.

I worked with a swan once, it was pretty fucking mean, but the geese were worse.

Yeah - it’s definitely difficult to know how I feel about this.

I went in the end and fucking hell they were amazing.