Swimming Audit 2018 (obvs rolling)

Swam, have swum

But saying «have swum» feels really weird so I just rephrased the whole thing!!!

swimming in the sea

• fuck that.
  • yeah, no problem at all with swimming above whales/sharks etc!!!

0 voters

Swam in the sea in Barbados.

Had my feet in the Atlantic last month but that’s the closest.

Can’t actually remember the last time I properly swimmed in the ocean - my non-pool swimming seems to take place exclusively in the Mediterranean these days…

Won’t do it in valencia, too many jellyfish about. Fine in the UK where its just Seaweed and used condoms though

oh yeah I’ve found it

1 Like

not sure i’ve ever been anywhere with a warm sea
will splash about a bit in a cold windy one on sunday, if I feel like it

My country is pretty much ALL coastline so we are very much at peace with the sea.

Apart from crabs, and seaweeds. Yuck.

I don’t know that I will, tbh. I paddled in the sea in Valencia, but I don’t know that I’ll be going to the beach again this year.

Absolutely doesn’t count

massive great whites have been spotted in the med recently, mate.

I can’t remember the last time I swa/um.

several years ago at this point I think

This baffles me. Every year once we’ve had a couple of warm days here, everyone* is like TO THE BEACH!!!

*albeit some more than others

If/when I go to a beach I don’t go in/near the water.

I was made to go in the sea when in Zanzibar two years ago and I did so reluctantly (knee deep only) that was the first time I had been in the sea for about a decade.

Great bunch of toothy lads :+1:

Do you swim in pools? Lakes?

Not if I can help it.

My partner said “would you like to go swimming in a pond with me?” to me at around 1410 on Monday of this week and I said “no, I might touch a frognal with my foot” (I had earlier tried to convince her that a frognal is the full name for a frog)

2 Likes

Which of the following commonly enjoyed swimming things would you most want to do

• Scuba diving
  • Diving off rocks
  • Swimming in a waterfall
  • Swimming with dolphins
  • Swimming with sharks
  • Some sort of extravagant waterpark
  • None of these thank you

0 voters

dumpable offence.

1 Like

So far this year I’ve swum in the Indian Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea.

Not swum in the English channel yet though. It’ll happen soon enough though (and the weather is looking mighty fine this weekend)