Taking a ride in a helicopter

Hellycopter
  • Yes
  • Fuck off

0 voters

I mate of a mate was a crash investigator and he said there was one type of helicopter that you should never get in. Can’t remember what it was. Hope this helps someone.

15 Likes

Thanks I’ll make sure I don’t get in that one

1 Like

Got one to Isles Of Scilly when the helicopter went from Penzance hated every second of it.

They crash everytim

my kid did one of those jokes kids do that make no sense and there is no thought in them the other day
“why did the helicopter crash?”
“because it took off”

and I was all, “well actually, yes, I guess, as helicopters seem quite dangerous and…”

and then I clocked my wife being all

So I guess he can get to that phobia all on his own

3 Likes

Can’t think of many other things I would least like to do

I did a 25 min helicopter ride through the Grand Canyon in 2018. Was the same helicopter place where a fatal crash had taken place not long before that killed some Brits. On the day it was pretty windy so they cancelled the 50 min rides but ours still went ahead. It was really bumpy, think the worst plane turbulence x 10. Hated every single minute of it, the people either side of me kept saying it was the best thing ever but I just wanted to not die. Worst $280 I ever spent!

1 Like

Can someone develop a plugin that replaces clickbait links at the bottom of articles with little paragraphs like this?

1 Like

Hot air balloon

• Yes
  • Fuck right off

0 voters

Dunno why but I once drunkenly texted a pal I’M IN A HELICOPTERRRR!!! They asked for photo evidence so I just sent them a selfie from the pub I was in and that somehow convinced them. My conclusion is just go to the pub it’s basically the same.

4 Likes

Been in a helicopter once, airlifted off a mountain with a concussion. Don’t remember it

And I’d like to see how your hair would fare

2 Likes

Had a dream last night that I died in a helicopter crash. Seems unlikely, I’m never willingly getting into one.

1 Like

like that they cancelled the 50minute rides “oh, they’ll definitely die if they are up there for 50 minutes but 25 should be fine. Half the risk”

1 Like

Maybe you’ll be on the ground when one falls on you?

(obviously I hope this doesn’t happen)

1 Like

I dont like how they give prosecco out on it, I’d have a scare

When you saw this thread you must’ve been like :astonished:

1 Like

I think the 50 minutes one went to a more risky place, dunno

Don’t seem to hear about hot air balloon disasters much but it’s probably because they’re not used as much. I bet their success:death ratio is horrifying.