taking any lessons at the moment?

or considering any?
or any online courses or anything like that?

i’m crap at online courses so don’t really bother with them but i’ve got two sets of dutch lessons on the go, and just signed up for some painting ones. would quite like to do a philosophy night class or history or something but can’t find anything like that nearby

1 Like

i’m doing a German course on top of my daily Duolingo and that’s been good. I should probably do something where I can actually practice speaking with another person at some point but probably not quite there yet from a competence or confidence perspective

also doing an AWS Certified Cloud Developer exam prep course (alright) and a 3D games course (fun but making very very very slow progress).

big fan of learning stuff, should really do more of it more often

1 Like

think I’ve learnt everything I’ll ever need! #missionaccomplished

2 Likes

are there any language exchange cafes near you? or at the local library. i find it much easier to practice with people who are at a similar level rather than native speakers, even though the latter would probably be more helpful

kids are good to practice with too

1 Like

Seeing a lot of this face recently (but prefer AnyoneCanPlayGuitar videos where possible)

Going to get back into Python at some point in 2022 I think.

I’m doing an apprenticeship

Considering taking up language classes again but idk, feels like i haven’t got time

2 Likes

i’m slowly learning to get better at chess puzzles

2 Likes

Have you checked out Coursera before? There’s loads of stuff like this you can do in your own time, the courses can be quite good if you find the right one…

Pretty much all totally free to access (unless you want to pay for a certificate…)

1 Like

me too!

taking a break from actually playing games cos it’s too addictive and wrecked my brain a bit, just gonna stick to puzzles

2 Likes

Sorry, just read you saying “I’m crap at online courses”, so my suggestion might not be so great. I’m crap at paying attention to what I read…

1 Like

Going to be taking a beer knowledge course soon but not sure whether it’s online or up in the ol’ London.

3 Likes

i’ll take a look but generally i find myself getting distracted and giving up too easily with online courses. need more structure and external motivation than they give. also like going to classes cos it’s fun to meet people

expensive tho

I’m not sure but I’ll have a look, sounds like something that might be useful - I’m in west London so you’d assume there’s something here!

1 Like

I’m gonna have to do this for work.

Don’t want to

Oh christ, that’s just reminded me I have to do Microsoft certification exams at some point before April.

find puzzles WAY more soothing, even when they’re hard to beat

2 Likes

I learned how to tie new strings on from him

Really want to learn welsh (past my very rudimentary gcse) but scared of being in rooms with people atm

At the risk of seeming like I’m just here to shill for big online-learning platforms…I use Italki for Portuguese and you can get some really good online teachers for quite competitive rates, worth a look!

1 Like

Heavily considering pottery classes but they’re so expensive! Like 50 for a lesson. No thanks

3 Likes