Talking to yourself

Does anyone else do that thing where you kind of mentally talk through something but aren’t sure whether you’ve said it out loud?

Had a strong sense that I fairly loudly said “I’m out later so I’ll activate the all day pass not the single journey ticket” at the busy bus stop.

3 Likes

Was jabbering to myself in the health food shop picking out some soy cream. They’re probably used to it in the health food shop.

1 Like

What is that?

I’d have probably been like, soy cream, I am cream, soy cream, I am cream… Have I been saying that out loud?

soy cream
eres cream
es cream
somos cream
sois cream
son cream

1 Like

Do it quite a lot when cooking. Especially if what I’m cooking can be fitted in to ‘cooking an x for the very first time’

Working on the tills at my new job I have found myself saying the name of the item I’m scanning each time so I get it correct.

One of the best things about having a dog is that I’m not talking to myself anymore, just letting the dog in on my thoughts. Thanks, dog!

2 Likes

remember how you used to be able to talk any old bollocks to yourself when you were alone in an age before it was auto-activating the microphone on your smartphone and sending all your most bizarre rantings to the government

:alien:

2 Likes