Tall Ships

Calling it a day… https://twitter.com/tallships/status/912587546042830848

I remember people on here saying their first album was the best debut record of 2012 which is how I discovered them.

Impressions which they released this year is probably my favourite album of 2017, I don’t think there’s a duff track on it.

Saw them at Brighton and they were excellent so along with the Wild Beasts news, I’m a bit gutted…

Yeah, same here. A band I followed from the start and saw many times over the years. First time I think was supporting Three Trapped Tigers, Rick layering the guitar towards the end of Plate Tectonics was one of the most wondrous things I’ve ever witnessed at a gig of a band I’d never seen before.
Too long a gap between the albums did for them I reckon.

2 Likes

Played with them a few times, lovely band and lovely guys too. They got so close to breaking through so many times, just didn’t quite happen for them. Everything Touching and the early EPs are such special records.

That song ‘Murmurations’ never fails to put a smile on my face. Saw them a few times too, but probably turned up after you played!

2 Likes

Love those first EP’s and the debut album, strangely never got reviewed on Drowned in Sound and completely omitted from the end of year lists. Hopefully I’ll be able to attened of the finalk shows.