Tap water

It’s the water’s fault that the kettle needs descaling in the first place!

2 Likes

Do you have milk in your tea?

Doesn’t seem to effect the quality of my brews.

Aye. You’re completely right. Not really sure why I’ve come steamrolling into this, of all threads, on a moral high-horse. Soz everyone.

1 Like

Not the point.

It’s your fault you smell but you don’t blame yourself, you blame other stuff.

(not sure this is really the right theory)

1 Like

What a mug. And even worse he’s SURROUNDED by soft water.

Can’t believe all these tough guy northerners and Scots and their soft water. You wouldn’t last two seconds down here you fucking cowards!!!

1 Like

I bet it does. I wouldn’t be having a cup of tea at your house is all i’m saying.

haha! It’s ok. it’s good to remember like you say how lucky we are, in everything really. x

1 Like

Mate - do it. One of the most satisfying chores you can carry out in my IMHO.

1 Like

Descaled recently?

• Of course!
  • Not lately but have done in the past
  • I enjoy scaley water and grim cups of tea

0 voters

It’s definitely A Thing that people say you shouldn’t drink water from the bathroom tap but I’m not sure if it’s really A Thing that there’s really any difference. I do feel like it tastes a bit different but that I might be imagining it. I still drink it for convenience anyway like. If I’m sick or hungover I really don’t fancy going all the way downstairs do I.

1 Like

I’ve got a glass kettle which makes it even more satisfying cause you can SEE IT.

Also don’t get a glass kettle they’re awful

If you’ve grown up on chalky hard water it’d be the greatest brew you’d ever had by a distance.

Fact.

2 Likes

Also if there is literal shit coming out of your bathroom taps then it’s quite weird that everyone’s still happy to brush their teeth with it.

1 Like

Another vote for Davidoff Cool Burton Water being superb.

It’s all we’ve got. That and decent beer.

2 Likes

Yeah - the one at work is glass/plastic. Horrible. I’m in charge of descaling it.

'Cos of the water!

1 Like

Method used for descaling

• Not applicable
  • Scale away (chemical option)
  • Natural (lemon, vinegar etc.)

0 voters

S7 isn’t in the hard water bit there, sorry. Also thought the general rule was hard water tastes better, soft water is better for washing machines etc. Might be completely making that up though