Taskmaster - an absolute casserole of a TV programme

I thought Amelia would be in the realm of proper series contestant now they’ve had Munya on. Hate Vorderman but looks like a fun lineup.

1 Like

No comedians? Is that usual for the New Year Taskmaster?

Yes

Well, colour me newly informed

yep, the New Year Treat ones are much more focused on ‘normal’ celebs, though there’s usually still someone a bit comedy-adjacent like Claudia Winkleman or Nicola Coughlan (also Alan Davies stepped in for Jonnie Peacock in the studio last year but he wasn’t meant to be there)

1 Like

a whole season of her would be great (her and Alex have good give and take)

1 Like

I just got really angry because taskmaster sent me slam advertising the fury match then i realised it was ticketmaster.

Whoops

1 Like

I am a simple person but this first task is one of the best opening tasks I’ve ever seen. I’ve laughed so much I feel dizzy.

4 Likes

I’ve been a bit disappointed in some of the tasks this series but the one person play one was a great idea. I really enjoyed the Sarah Millican and Fern Brady effort and winced at Dara’s face when Greg said his was overwritten.

Never really had an opinion before but Millican seems delightful and I like it when she does the clown car noise.

3 Likes

Hate her as a comedian, but Millican is very likable

3 Likes

Watching on catch up now and the subtitler has had a lot of fun with the first task

5 Likes

NOISES CONTINUE AT PACE

4 Likes

I find Millican fascinating. All of the others, I feel as though I’ve had an occasional glimpse into the ‘real’ person beneath their public persona. With Sarah Millican, I have no idea at all if she’s really like that or just ‘on’ for the cameras.

“Ah feel like a horse!”

1 Like

Haway man

4 Likes

That was an excellent episode imo

Getting them to do each other’s plays instead of their own was genius

6 Likes

Self portrait task was pretty good as far as ‘do a painting with these weird things and/or stipulations’ tasks go, but please, no more.

The play task shows they’ve still got it if they try.

1 Like

Quite like the painting ones

Really love it when Greg is genuinely full of praise for people doing things well and there was lots of that this week for the play task and the painting task.

2 Likes

Enjoyed John comparing his barely written effort to Beckett (though Dara’s performance of it did turn out quite Beckettian)

1 Like