Taskmaster - an absolute casserole of a TV programme

Oh my god imagine if Rik had been on Taskmaster

7 Likes

probably would’ve been :frowning: i’d never considered that before. Ade would be good on it actually.

1 Like

I always love it when she impersonates her mum.

Taskmaster contestant quality doesn’t really have any bearing on how good they are at their day job. I’m a huge fan of Richard Herring but can’t say I enjoyed him in series 10. I have zero opinions about Liza Tarbuck but thought she was great in (the admittedly poor, relatively speaking) series 6. I don’t like Rhod Gilbert’s stand up, but he was an essential part of series 7’s all round amazingness.

4 Likes

Was looking for Wozniak’s current podcast and found this old one, enjoyable

https://aca.st/a8d1a4

Just listening to this, she seems like a really lovely person

3 Likes

Have had this phrase rattling around my head, entering my thoughts regularly, for four days now.

3 Likes

found it hard to watch at the time actually when greg was slagging off her masks, seemed kinda mean and they were clearly good

also when he slagged off mike’s wooden thing the other week, like ffs at least acknowledge that he put loads of effort into it

1 Like

Enjoying the new series. Largely because of Mike but I think the balance is ok. Sarah just seems stern but I guess she’s adding…that? Great hair as has been mentioned.

One thing that is irking me more and more (besides 10 episodes being too many and 3 tasks being too few) is Greg’s scoring seems almost consistently very wrong. I get that it’s his shtick, but it’s mostly genuinely irksome and actually takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it. Like the phase where he was just too mean to Alex, all of the time. Took away the general good feeling of the show.

That said, as we always say, it’s still the most fun to be had watching telly.

Man Down is hot garbage.

we’ve just finished S05/CoC and so many moments we were in tears with laughter

3 Likes

yeah some of the scoring, as much as it shouldn’t matter, is ridiculous. it’s like he’s watching a different programme.

1 Like

At points it’s like he’s watching a different show to the show he watched himself when seeing the things.

Probably doesn’t make sense, I know what I mean.

love people from the internet

1 Like

Get this lad doing VAR

S11E03, cast spending too much time arguing like they are genuinely unhappy with the rules rather than for bants

feels like this is more of a thing than usual in the recent series, possibly due to not having crowd reaction to help gauge the reception

1 Like

Skin time is the right time

2 Likes

This is grim.

2 Likes

Enjoyed that. Best episode of the series so far

3 Likes

They’ve all gotten into the studio stuff a bit more this week.

Hopefully I’ll remember the bottle task when watching the repeats and avoid seeing Lee mack dribbling out chewed up banana again.

2 Likes