Taskmaster - an absolute casserole of a TV programme

I stopped listening when Jupp left, decided to give it another go the other day because I quite like Zaltzman but I looked through the episode list and almost every episode had someone objectionable on. Ended up picking an episode from a month ago and it was all about the Super League so felt proper out of date already.

Seen the first 2 in the Acaster series - he’s not made me laugh yet. Does it get better? I’ve never seen him in anything before.

He’s got a handful of pretty funny moments throughout the series, particularly in the studio. But if you’re not a fan I’m not sure you’re going to be one at the end of the series. One task response of his in particular is the best and most memorable of the series, though.

4 Likes

I don’t think he’s an all timer but he has some good moments, mainly when he clashes with Rhod

Greg pulling him to the back of the room and bollocking him like a school boy is classic taskmaster

7 Likes
2 Likes

God, the banter without an audience reacting to it is like being in a morgue. Bizarre to watch. They do a good job in the edit of giving it a bit of energy.

2 Likes

Everyone else says they’ve creamed themselves once they’ve put on suncream, right?

2 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

Paul’s whole thing is the most enigmatic I’ve seen on this show

3 Likes

Trust me, stick with it

1 Like

“Cough up Gary Barlow, you’ve seen the domino representation of what happens.”

1 Like

2 Likes

She gets everywhere! Why do tipping point never audition me :pensive:

I’m always seeing her do cool stuff.

1 Like

Big Momma’s House

There’s three to choose from

1 Like

‘You should watch more foreign films’. Paul’s such a gem. His getting Greg on the back foot with his Twister gift had me in stitches. His episode of the podcast is great, too.

2 Likes

The whites are at it again

2 Likes

Fucking disgusting.

That people play golf

1 Like