Taskmaster - an absolute casserole of a TV programme

Just finished season 5. The songs about Rosalind had me in tears.

Bob Mortimer is genuinely so weird isn’t he? Like properly natural weird funny thoughts. He’s brilliant.

Mark Watson is so endearing :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Yeah I like him now too!

1 Like

nah, sorry

give it a go mate, it’s fun

thanks but I’m still not sure I like fun

Annoys me that I’ve still never seen this

Can I just shock you? I like Taskmaster

2 Likes

anyone been following Horne’s daily twitter tasks this month? enjoyable

I watched this for the first time the other day and have had Rosalind’s a fucking nightmare stuck in my head ever since.
Bob Mortimer is by far the funniest person in the country, and has been for many years.

5 Likes

Also, I agree with @anon45164313, series 6 is just seeming a bit phoned in after all the others.

I’ve always had a crush on Bob. I have a friend who looks and talks a lot like him and as such am a bit in love with him by proxy.

2 Likes

Is it season 5 where they have a task that’s fish puns. And one of Alex Horne’s school friends posts here. This is all making me believe that Horne is a disser too.

2 Likes

That was my first thought too when they did the puns! Might skip the rest of series 6 and go straight to 7 I think. I fucking hate Russel Howard.

The worst thing about him is how he obviously thinks he’s well fit. The episode I watched last night he took his shirt off and had his jeans way too low and I found I was looking at his pubes against my will and I bet he was absolutely loving that little hairy sneak peek. Awful.

2 Likes

Russell Howard is the only person I haven’t warmed to on Taskmaster. Which is saying a lot, considering this is the show that really made me like Rob Beckett.

2 Likes

Yeah he’s incredibly smug about everything. And I’ve always really hated the way he looks at the camera/audience after each joke in that ‘look how fucking funny I am’ way.

When are we getting some next series news?

1 Like

i’m half way through season 7, my first season, which i only started watching cos of acaster. enjoying it a lot - agree with @anon44830896 that jessica is great - godliman is the only one i don’t really like, she seems genuinely grumpy and just a bit shit at times.

can people rank the rest of the seasons best to worst (if they’re bored) please? some of them have really shit lineups to my eye, might just skip them altogether unless they get rated highly.

All good apart from 6

1 Like

The first season is the best one. The others are all about equally as good except for the one with Noel Fielding.